BioWare jokes about ME3 Kinect (hopefully)

LINK

We can all now breathe a sigh of relief.

For now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope that article is correct?

That was funny haha

Dr. Greg Zeschuck did say that he would like to explore the possibilities for kinect and if they could use it they would look into it.

[quote user="Hellhog"]

Dr. Greg Zeschuck did say that he would like to explore the possibilities for kinect and if they could use it they would look into it.

[/quote]He just mentioned Mass Effect in general, not particularly Mass Effect 3.

"What can we actually do in a game like Mass Effect? Can we create a greater sense of immersion during conversations by using gestures?" Zeschuk said. "I think we probably could and I think that's where we'll explore. We're not going to do a party game, we're not going to do Dance Dance Krogan for Mass Effect. The reality is it's going to have a really positive impact."

"There's that impediment of a controller but hardcore gamers are never going to give that up. It might be nice to see a hybrid of a controller used with additional gesture on the side for immersive elements. So we'll see it go from family entertainment and then broaden out."

Like I said in the other kinect related thread, from the constant quotes not only from the two Docs. but also from Casey Hudson, they would ultimately like to branch the franchise out into other avenues after Mass Effect 3 is over with. Therefore a kinect enabled Mass Effect game would fit right down that alley, just as any other thing imaginable including multiplayer in any form.

For Mass Effect 3 in particular, in my own opinion I really doubt the inclusion of any form of kinect features. No matter if the game was delayed or not, if they were going to include even the smallest of motion control features such as navigating dialogue with kinect motion control or hacking boxes for example, I really doubt they'd delay the game just for that.

Since the game is multiplatform now, and it will be releasing at the same time on 360, PC, and PS3, that doesn't help either. The Playstation Move is not that identical to the Kinect, despite both being motion control peripherals. So if they're advertising Kinect features jokingly, you would think you'd see something of PS Move by now if this was serious.

My guess is this is just a joke to give even more press to Mass Effect 3 at E3, which is already at an extremely high point.

I would honestly have no problem with Kinect in a Mass Effect or Bioware title, as long as it was done right.

Don't be scared of change, folks, embrace it!

Anyway, I never really thought ME3 would support Kinect. I would be interested to see what future Bioware games do with it though....

Even if this were to happen some day, I doubt it would give a heightened sense of immersion; if anything, everyone would use it to make rude gestures whilst in conversation.

If they want gestures in conversation, they would need to upgrade the Kinect. Right now, it cannot sense individual fingers.

There are other gestures that can be made without the need to sense individual fingers.

SInce the game is multi-platform, whatever Kinect option they add will also likely have to be supported by the PS3's Move and the PC's mouse.

Just lemme control Shep's horrible dancing....