Bioshock infinite price "display bug"

I was recently met with horrible customer service and the xbox live support team yesterday when calling in to talk about a problem I had when purchasing bioshock infinite from games on demand.  Now due to the recent 2k publisher sale, I attempted to buy Bioshock infinite at the sale price of $19.99, however due to an error I was unable to purchase the game. I contacted the xbox live support team and spoke with "Alchan" he said his name was and was told this was an "emerging display issue where bioshock infinite would display the incorrect price of $19.99 and that there was never a 2k publisher sale discounting that item and there was nothing he could do. I then spoke with his supervisor named "Luke" who said "xbox was never given permission by 2k games to sell bioshock infinite at a sale price of $19.99 and that there was a bug that caused the price to show as $19.99 and that myself and all xbox live uses should assume to know that the correct price is always displayed on the xbox live website" I asked him "if this is a bug on xbox live part shouldn't you still honor the advertised price?"  he said "no and that I should have known to check the website for that correct price" 

Xbox live should honor the prices they post on the xbox live marketplace and also some retraining is to be done for this supervisor and his employee or how to talk to paying xbox live members who expect that the prices displayed for the sale of games be honored regardless of any "display"  bugs that we have no control over. 

A sad day for the xbox live user. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Actual!

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the price not being what you thought it should be. And I think that your point that games should be sold for the seen price is a point that should absolutely be heard by the right folks.

I suggest making a post over in the Feedback Forums so the right people can take a look at it and take this train of thought into account. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.