Bioshock and Bioshock2 Are they as good as Bioshock Infinite?

I loved Bioshock Infinite and purchased it as soon as it was released. However ir was the first Biosnock game I ever played. I noticed today that both Bioshock and Bioshock2  were on sale for $5.00! While that seems like a great deal I'm busy with a variety of 360° games though most of my gaming time is spent on the XBOX ONE! So while money is not necessarily my main concern that is a great deal if these are great games an being a gamer I dont like or want to miss out on great games. Time is more of my main issue/concern though I can always make time for a great game! So my question is; Are one or both of these games a must have? Is it worth my time while I'm waiting for Watch Dogs and other X1 titles to be released as I am still finishing up Borderlands2 and AC3 on the 360° while playinTitanfall and Thief on the X1. Your opinions and/or thoughts on these games will be highly appreciated. Thank You!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Definitely get the original Bioshock! I haven't played 2 but heard it was just ok. For $5 you really can't beat that so my vote is for the original if nothing else.

I say yes. I loved 2 and Infinite. Apparently, 1 is better than both of them combined. 1 and 2 play very similarly to Infinite but note that they're different settings so you're not flying around owning some kids in their faces like you are in Infinite. :P Rapture is more darker and just as awesome as Infinite's Columbia. I would definitely get both games while they're on sale. I actually was thinking about getting the first BioShock too while it's on sale and see what all the fuss is about. My problem is that I just keep my backlog of games growing, but 5 dollars is just so hard to pass up. XD

Both are way better than infinite. I loved Bisohock 1 and appreciate the improved mechanics of two; Infinite was a major set back.

The original Bioshock is better than the other two. However, Minerva's Den dlc for Bioshock 2 is one of the best dlc's ever imo.

Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 are all amazing. Please get them ASAP

The original Bioshock was the first game I played when I first got my 360 and it remains my favorite 360 game of all time. I've gone back and played it a number of times and I'm always still amazed at how beautiful a game it is. I highly advise playing it ASAP!

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

I didn't like the first two games at all, but the first game at least has the same sense of style and originality that Infinite has. Bioshock 2 was straight up terrible.

Infinite is garbage compared to Bioshock 1 and 2.

Bioshock - Excellent

Bioshock 2 - Something went wrong.

Bioshock Infinite - Totally different.  Good but different.  Interesting story...somewhat mindboggling.  Great soundtrack.  

I don't understand how Bioshock 2 is t is terrible when it improves on most of the gameplay of the first game(something Infinite doesn't do).