Bioshock 1 - Black dots appearing on textured structures

So, it's been about a month since I've turned on my Xbox 360, and I wanted to replay Bioshock 1 before Infinite comes out. However, upon booting it up, I noticed a strange texture issue - on structures, there were these tiny black dots covering them. The dots did not appear on the sky map, nor on the FPS hand model among a few other objects. This has never happened before, but seemed to occur after a new update for both the Xbox 360 dashboard, as well as for Bioshock for some reason.

I deleted all my saves, tried to play it again. Still had the same thing happen. Tried to install the game to the hard drive and see if it had something to do with the disc (which is in near mint condition from 2007, mind you).  Same issue. I tried the only other 3D title I have on disc, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, to see if it had something to do with 3D titles in general; it worked fine. So at this point, I'm not sure if this has something to do with only Bioshock, or if it it is a premonition of a future hardware failure...for the 4th time.

I plan to try my DL'd 3D titles too, to see if happens to them, but in the meantime, does anyone have any advice on this or could they possibly point me in the right direction? Honestly, if this is a hardware issue AGAIN, then I'm done with my 360.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

hey death sorry to hear your having these issues, this sounds to me like your having a problem with the Disc itself. please take in mind that it is old, mint condition or not. this will affect functionality.

Or Yes you may be experiencing a problem with your laser or its hardware, you will want to try one of those laser clean disc, it may help. or send it in for a repair.

you can do that by following this link here>support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If all other games work fine then I agree it will be a disc issue. You could try installing the game to the HDD and see if it makes any difference.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.