Billing from "MICROSOFT *BILLING BILL.MS.NET" ?

Hi,

I'm a parent of 2 Xbox Live "maniacs" .  I'm not a gamer myself

2 days ago I reopened one of their Gold accounts via Xbox's console (actually the 2-month trial for SEK 20:-).  Today my bankaccount showed 2 charges:

- one for "MICROSOFT *XBOX LIVE020", for SEK 20:-  (OK)

and

- one for "MICROSOFT *BILLING BILL.MS.NET" , for SEK 10:-  (?).  This is a charge that I have no knowledge about, that isn't mentioned on Xbox Live, that I haven't authorized.

Does anyone have any FACTUAL knowledge about what this second charge is about?  Please, only facts - I've Googled and Binged half of Sunday trying to find out and of the 54,000 hits I get for "Billilng bill.ms.net" - where people are subjected to repeated unauthorized charges from their bank accounts - I have yet to find any info from Microsoft or Xbox.  2 links to Xbox forums led to nonexistant pages.

I realize this is a problem that has been going on for over 3 years, so there should be information abouyt this somewhere - I just can't find it.

Could someone enlighten me or at least point me in the right direction?  

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Sincerely,

Olev

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

any billing questions can only be addressed with billing on phone support

if you want to see the actual charges check all accounts at https://billing.microsoft.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry, but I think what you mean is "any billing questions concerning Microsoft billing can only be addressed with billing on phone support".  

Thank you, I know this.  

My question concerns an apparent fraudulent scam that is - apparently - somehow connected to legitimate payments to Microsoft.  I hope Microsoft (and all of its subsiduary-companies) would see this as a problem, even though it, of course, is not instigated by themselves.  I would also hope that they would be interested in resolving the problem.

Now, back to my question:  is there anybody out there who might have any factual knowledge about this, I would be grateful to know.

I am, of course, conducting enquiries in various other ways and forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP: can you start a conversation with me (envelope icon below) and send me the Gamertags of your two "maniacs" and any other accounts you have currently on your Xbox? I'm only concerned with LIVE enabled ones, both Gold and Free. Local accounts won't matter here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.