Big ring in middle of disk?

So, I was playing call of duty like would any other regular day, when suddenly this demonic screeching was coming out of my 360.

I went to check it out and look at the disk and saw a large, thick ring appeared in the middle of the disk.

When I tried playing the game again and doing the same thing I was trying to do before, it keeps on coming up with "Disk is Unreadable."

This has happened to both my MW2 and Black Ops disks :(

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

Stop bumping the 360 console or /vibrating the surface it's sitting on. If you're not doing those things, stop using the console and get another one.

DVD rental stores usually have a resurfacing machine that can take care of the damage if the scratch hasn't made it down to the data layer of the disc.

Your best bet is to install your games to the HDD or to a large-enough USB Memory Unit. This stops the 360 from spinning the disc constantly while in-game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your disc is fixable. Find a store that repairs scratched disks with a disk sander. it sands a layer off your disk so it looks completely new and works like a charm. TO AVOID this happening again, set your xbox on its side not standing up and never move you console when its playing a game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought you were meant to leave your xbox up on its side when it starts scratching the discs??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions.  You'll want to keep an eye on the OP's timestamp though.  This thread is almost two years old.

Sorry this didn't help.