BF:BC2 disc not working right.

Whenever I put Bad Company 2 into my Xbox, the start screen comes up, I press start and my TV goes black and nothing happens except a Xbox menu/error/update sound is heard but no update/error message comes up. Can someone help?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Not sure whats wrong but rest assured your not alone.

If BF:BC2 is in my xbox drive when I boot it, it takes ages to get past the xbox logo, after this I have to put the game in the drive about 6 times before it will load. I've looked at the disc and it has some surface scrathes but nothing compared to some of my other discs that still load first time.

It's more than likely that the laser is on its way out on my xbox, it may be the same on yours.

Thanks. I'll try the disc on my mew xbox.

I can't even install the game onto my hard drive. When I try to play multiplayer it just loads and nothing happens. I just want to play battlefield again....

make sure you have update 3 it's the big Nam update, which you need even if you don't have Nam.

I was finally able to play a few rounds! I still cant install the game onto my xbox... I have plenty of space. All it does is say installing game but nothing happens.

^^^ I can't install it either. All it does is say installing game aswell with the icon spinning but no installing percentage is progressing, I also couldn't even press B to back out of it. In the end I just reset the console and played it off the disc.

That's exactly what I'm dealing with! Does your xbox say that the disc is dirty and boots you out of the game? I checked my disc and it is practically brand new.

I willham, I bought a DVD lens cleaner, let it run thourgh and it cleaned a **** load of dust off my laser. BC2 works a treat now.

[quote user="willham88"]

That's exactly what I'm dealing with! Does your xbox say that the disc is dirty and boots you out of the game? I checked my disc and it is practically brand new.

[/quote]

same here.keep getting stuck in the installing progress menu then i have to reboot the console.

I have discovered it's a common problem with misc. games after the last dashboard update. All you have to do tho is sign out of Xbox Live and then install. After it installs you can sign back into Live and still play game from hard drive. Hope this helps!