BF3 vs. BC2

Does anybody miss Bad Company 2? I am not hating on BF3, its a great game. But I think that BC2's multiplayer layout and everything felt better. Especially the classes, the damn AR guy doesn't revive people! Both are great games but I just feel akward when playing BF3. Sure I'll get used to it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I always miss the game I played before. Missed Modern Combat when Bc1 came out. Missed Bc1 when Bc2 came out. Now only slightly miss Bc2.  change at first is very difficult.

most peoples connection were now ea have updated the servers and last time i played albeit 5 days ago i could connect fine.

i wouldnt say its ruined but its not a step foward from bc2 more a sideways step with better points and worse points.

i know its not a sequel to bc2 however tis is how it will be perceived by most , in that respect bc2 is more fun at min and plays quicker than bf3

[quote user="Snotty Chunks"]

My first impressions are not good at all.

The SP freezes constantly. I can't see the enemies half the time. I don't know where I am supposed to be shooting/going...They might has well have called it COD. There's no open world so far.

All I get on MP is "Failed to join the game. Please check your network connection and try again." Quickmatch is a waste of space. The filters are crap. Lots of games were saying 23/24 players but I can't join because the server was full. Metro is like an old WW2 COD map. I joined a team mate in a tank yet couldn't blow up a wall.......

I may have to go back to BC2 and Vietnam. Biggest disappointment in gaming history.....I really hope I change my mind....I hardly played COD MW2 because of BC2 but I might be trading this in for MW3......A REAL SHAME - they've ruined the game!!

[/quote]So they ruined the game because your connection is atrocious? And because the SP, which is never the reason for buying BF, sucks? LMAO

Bad Company 2 definitely focused more on ranged battles and Battlefield 3 seems like it focuses on CQB more, excluding some maps like Caspian Border.

@xBonnyx AT Mines replace the repair tool, so you can still have that trusty launcher while sabotaging roads!

I'm not dissappointed at all. I admit, I've never indulged in the PC versions of Battlefield, purely because I've never had a good enough PC, but I have played every installment on the 360, and this is my favourite by far!

I love the fact that the medic is now integrated into the assault kit. I love being a medic! The only thing that annoys me is when I risk my life, running like a crazed lunatic to someone across the battlezone to give them a medikit, because they are low on health, for them just to run off! Whats the point in that? I'm here to help you FFS!

[quote user="NuclearSlurpee"]

Does anybody miss Bad Company 2? I am not hating on BF3, its a great game. But I think that BC2's multiplayer layout and everything felt better. Especially the classes, the damn AR guy doesn't revive people! Both are great games but I just feel akward when playing BF3. Sure I'll get used to it.

[/quote]No, I do not miss BC2 at all. I'm still happily adjusting to all the BF3 changes. I run mostly assault and I keep forgetting that assault is the new medic. I have plenty of heals and revives, but I could have double the amount if I was already use to it, truth is I'm just not yet. BF3 may lack a certain degree of polish, but overall I think it's a better representation of BF than either BC game ever was. Not to mention, the controls are the best in the console series yet, smooth, tight and responsive. May not seem like much, but the controls and how the game controls is a big difference maker to me.

I came to FPS games about a year ago with BC2 after trying COD4 for about 5 minutes and hating it.

I dont have a hdtv at the moment which makes BF3 very very hard to play , currently i am refusing to play it until i get my new tv.

This is my opinion which i am entilteld to state so dont hate on me

BC2 is more "fun" to play" than BF3 , flash light and laser site are irritating , going prone promotes camping something i play battlefield games and not COD games to avoid.

Sound is better in bc2 , tank shell sounds like a tak shell firing in bc2 , in bf 3 it sounds like the tank is farting .

Gameplay is slower in BF3 than BC2 , no spawn protection when spawning on a squad mate sucks big time.

Soldier in BF3 seems to have doubled his bodyweight from BC2 feels lumpen and sluggish.

Playing rush in BF3 is easy to win defending just get the whole team to camp the last mcom , no way attackers will get it.

Dying swan routine in bf3 is annoying , wheni die i want to get back in asap and avenge myself , bf3 is too slow to respawn from point of overacting death to respawn.

Destruction is step back in BF3 if its meant to be a war simulation rather than an arcade game like COD then surely pounding a shed like structure with  a T90 tank would destroy it , not after 5 mins of hitting it bits chip of it.

You cant run and gun in bf3 like bc2 which slows gameplay.

Different games and different strokes for different folks i guess.

I hoped for an improved bc2 with same if not better destruction better grapics and sound and gameplay and new maps , so i feel badly let down and think the series has taken a backward step.

[quote user="Darkon X"]

Heck I miss BF:BC1.  I love the way the helicopters handled BTW, unlike most people.

[/quote]BC1 is fun but it's not a smooth experience like BFBC2 or BF3.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

When I played BC 2, I missed stuff from BC 1, when I play BF 3, I miss stuff from BC 2, but I thi they are all great games.  Personally I like how the medic class is with the assault now, and not the LMG support person.  Assaults are more in the heart of battle anyway, where most of the people die, so it makes sense.  A support player should be on the outskirts of the battle, providing suppression fire.  

-

Personally, Im loving BF 3, despite somethings I miss from BC 2, but overall I find BF 3 to be much better than BC 2