BF3 is on 2 Disks

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/battlefield-3-is-two-discs-on-xbox-360

Sp disk and MP disk?? Hmmmm.. Or like Mass Effect 2? we will see.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Cool,Good find.

Confirmation here:

www.xbox360achievements.org/.../news-9559-Battlefield-3-s-Two-Discs-Explained-and-Post-Launch-Paid-DLC-Planned.html

Disc 1 is Multiplayer, co-op levels, and Hd install

Disc 2 is Single Player

One disc is multi player and co-op and HD instalation while the other will contain the single player campaign.

[quote user="CamaroGuy96"]

Another possiblity would be that one disc is the game disc and another is a data disc containing all the maps. So you would install the data disc to the hdd and then play off the game disc. This would be similar to how Forza 3 works where you have a game disc and a data disc with just cars and tracks.

[/quote] Yeah... I don't think they'd do that. It'd be waaaay more logical to have SP on one and MP on another. Or SP on both and MP launch from disc1

Another possiblity would be that one disc is the game disc and another is a data disc containing all the maps. So you would install the data disc to the hdd and then play off the game disc. This would be similar to how Forza 3 works where you have a game disc and a data disc with just cars and tracks.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="A Toxic Shotgun"]

IIRC, there are now triple layer DVDs for 20+Gb of storage space.

also, a Dual Layer BD can hold 50GB of data. it also requires a different laser than normal DVDs in the player and has a scratch resistant coating above the data layers.

[/quote]

Unfortunately the 360 only uses dual layers to the best of my knowledge but due to technical wizzardry etc the new compression fromat allows up to 17GB on the disks.

Also just to correct you all disks have a protection layer before the data layer.

[/quote]yes, but the blu layer is more scratch resistant than a normal DVD, supposedly.

hopefully they do a better system than DS2, that game was pretty bad.

[quote user="CrazyKiller5150"]

Is the 2 disc for all editions of BF3 or just the limited edition?

[/quote]

I would assume it would be all editions for BF3. Any DLC will be provided with a code that you enter to unlock in the disc or download to your hard drive.

Is the 2 disc for all editions of BF3 or just the limited edition?

[quote user="A Toxic Shotgun"]

IIRC, there are now triple layer DVDs for 20+Gb of storage space.

also, a Dual Layer BD can hold 50GB of data. it also requires a different laser than normal DVDs in the player and has a scratch resistant coating above the data layers.

[/quote]

Unfortunately the 360 only uses dual layers to the best of my knowledge but due to technical wizzardry etc the new compression fromat allows up to 17GB on the disks.

Also just to correct you all disks have a protection layer before the data layer.

[quote user="ApollosEpiphany"]

[quote user="EV4NG3LION"]

I guess we will just have to see when the game releases. I wonder why they didn't do a limited edition console for this game

[/quote]

Because of Microsoft's marketing deal with Activision, while it would seem Sony has one with EA (which sucks, because I like EA games a whole lot more). You'll notice that the Xbox dashboard is filled with more Call of Duty stuff more frequently than Battlefield stuff. Once their timed CoD map exclusive deal is over, maybe they'll switch sides.

[/quote]

I like EA games (well at least BF games that is) better than COD games. Despite the COD stuff on the Dashboard, I'm hoping when it get close to Oct 25th, there will be more BF3 stuff on the dashboard.