BF3 devs think we're all child killers.

And for this reason, there won't be any civilians in BC3, especially children.

ARTICLE

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

...well I dont know about you bro

Or, they just think that there's absolutely no need for random slaughtering of other NPCs. No other BF title has had it, why should this one? Is this really a surprise that there won't be any?

well...thats a whole lotta hills and valleys between A and B......maybe you're making alot out of a non-issue

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

well...thats a whole lotta hills and valleys between A and B......maybe you're making alot out of a non-issue

[/quote]

[quote]"In a game where it's more authentic, when you have a gun in your hand and a child in front of you what would happen? Well the player would probably shoot that child"[/quote]

Directly from the executive producers mouth. I'm not trying to make an issue, I'm just somewhat perplexed as to how he came to the conclusion that gamers love killing children. I don't think most people were laughing maniacly when they played through "No Russian" in MW2. Most people were absolutely disgusted, which I think proves the opposite of what this dev said.

Lol, what? people were disgusted by that? There far worse stuff in other games then just mindless killing.  Also, who cares if there no civilians or not.

Sorry man, people were not disgusted by the MW2 level. Have you put on your headset while playing MW2 or Black Ops? The level of depravity in the XBL community is...disheartening. The way these people think and behave in social video games leaves no doubt that when presented with the option of causing mayhem in a video game to be "silly" or to see what will happen, the majority of players will choose the option they think breaks the rules of the game. How many people do you think played GTA IV without killing a civilian just to be funny or to see what would happen? DICE is trying to tell a mature story in a real-world setting. It's telling a story it wants you to take seriously. It wants you to be fully engaged in what it's trying to show you. If they simply gave you the option to break away from that, it wouldn't do anything but detract from the atmosphere they're trying to build. It's not a removal of free will or censorship, it's artistic direction. Movies aren't "choose your own adventure" style. Why would the developers add something to their game that takes away from what they want to accomplish? It's a non-argument.

EDIT: Also, it's BF3, not BC3.

Unbelievable.....

I wouldn't care if there were truckloads of babies strapped with bombs. It comes down to being a video game and if people cannot look past that then that is their own problem.

And the Problem is?

Last I checked, Soliders [NATO-Forces] Don't Kill CIvis or they get their @@@ Court-Martialed.

Don't see the Problem here, and you can't compare this game to Fallout or GTA4 like in the comments.

[quote user="ComedyInK"]

Last I checked, Soliders [NATO-Forces] Don't Kill CIvis or they get their @@@ Court-Martialed.

[/quote]

As NATO indiscriminately carpet bombs Libya.