BF3 by the numbers

first of all i want to say lets ignore the PC version of this game for the purpose of this thread, since the majority of people who play xbox/PS3 do not play on their PC, for whatever reason.  BF3 by the numbers, what i mean by that is, the 16v16 set up this game is going to have.  16v16 doesnt look like its going to be enough, and this is why i say that.

1. lets just use a few constants, and base this off of the previous BF game, on a usual map there would be 2 tanks, 2 humvees, 2 quads, and sometimes a helicopter.  take the tanks, and lets say there is 2 people per tank, and dido for the humvees, and usually 3 per helicopter, thats already 11 people in vehicles.  now quads are used for transportation, so for them i input a 0 into this equation. 

2. Take into account the snipers, theres usually 1+ sniper per squad (thats being generous) which brings our total up to 15 players per team.  that leaves 1 person per team either playing as an assualt or medic, or engineer. 

3.  if this game is anything like the previous BF then the respawn time will be short, and vehicles will be aplenty.  so there will be a constant flow of players using them over thier weapons.

These are just the rough numbers of course based on only speculation, and i could be very wrong and maybe vehicles wont play a major role lol, but to me this is insane, i know (if i want a game with no vehicles just play cod) well to counter that, i like the feel of BF gunplay much better than cod gunplay, only problem is the gunplay i enjoy is somewhat non existent.  (im refering to what the final product will be like, not the beta)

Is anyone else worried about this? or am i just putting too much thought into this?  just seems like 16v16 wont be enough, and this game will be dominated by vehicles and snipers leaving players like me (who like to rush with AR and play the objective, IE arming/disarming bombs, hopeless) maybe theres a reason they left out the vehicles in the beta, and maybe its because the developers realized that with the addition of vehicles, players like me will be turned off by this game.  just some food for thought.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Firstly,since we are ignoring the PC version it will be 12v12,secondly why would Dido be driving a Humvee?probbly too busy singing lol,oh and thirdly to answer the question,I think at first you could be right but i think the novelty of vehicles may wear off for some people after a bit when they tried them out and all your usual run n gunners will revert back after a while to what they enjoy doing most(running n gunning)

Do consoles have faster respawn times than PC? If not, then it definitely should...they should make base deployments immediate, and make players wait like 3-5 seconds for squad spawns.

So this thread is another way of saying that you want 32+ player servers for consoles...

I find 1 flaw in your "equation". What if that sniper is in a tank?

64 players on PC, 24 on the console.  Two almost completely different games.

it worked in bad company so it will work in BF3. BF3 on the consoles is without question BC3, if you don't like it then save your pennies for a super PC so you can play those 64 players battles.

and its only in conquest anyway, which is my least fav game mode. everything else is just 32 player on the pc which isnt THAT much diff from 24

My experiance from the PC version is at least 4-5 people camp on the runways for the jets on Caspian border, so if they do this on the console it may become a problem.

[quote user="Sir Azalot"]

it worked in bad company so it will work in BF3. BF3 on the consoles is without question BC3, if you don't like it then save your pennies for a super PC so you can play those 64 players battles.

and its only in conquest anyway, which is my least fav game mode. everything else is just 32 player on the pc which isnt THAT much diff from 24

[/quote]I managed to get in a modded server with 112 players on PC. It was weird.

ha that must have been crazy

[quote user="HuNgRyZ"]

[quote user="Sir Azalot"]

[/quote]I managed to get in a modded server with 112 players on PC. It was weird.

[/quote]That sounds mental,Don't be saying that on EA forums though,I read about possible bans for that,think it was just scare tactics though.

Your theory cant really be proven until you see all the maps. I would imagine the maps have been created in such a way that vehicles can only realistically and easily use certain routes, yes there is destruction but there will also be highly built up areas with close proximity building to building battles. In really open lands i see your point

Every now and then i'll drive a tank or fly a chopper but most of the time i just hitch a ride!