BF2 maps

Might be a little bit early,but is there any chance we might play on one of the awesome BF2 maps on BF3 multiplayer,anyone heard any rumors?

They gave us one of the favorite maps from vietnam,in bc2-vietnam,hope they´ll do the same here.

Ive tried to get my hands on BF2,but impossible to find.

Anyone knows if bf2 is still playable online btw?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think he was taking about Backstab, Bridgetoofar, Deadlypass, etc

Can't wait,i get all this with my preorder and the specact stuff.Only ever played wake island on 1943 and never played the others,all fresh for me.yeah!

Can't wait,i get all this with my preorder and the specact stuff.Only ever played wake island on 1943 and never played the others,all fresh for me.yeah!

As others have said, The "Back to karkand" DLC expansion, that will be released later on after the release of BF3, will include 4 maps from BF2: Strike at karkand, Wake island, Sharqi peninsula and Gulf of oman.

Get the limited edition.

I remember wake island on the PC way back when BF2 was fresh , if you got all your tanks up the the  sea end of the map fast enough you could stop any enemy even getting near , spawning on the ship was the most frustrating thing ever , i hope they have sorted that little problem.

Gulf of oman was the beta demo map i played that to death and im still sick of it ha ha Strike at Karkand though..........I cant wait to play that again :)

If you get the limited edition of the game (which you will when it comes out), you get free access to the first expansion pack called "Back to Karkand." It will have four BF2 maps: Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, Gulf of Oman, and Wake Island. It will also have weapons and vehicles from BF2, separate from the BF3 main game (similar to the Vietnam expansion pack for BC2). All of this will be re-imagined in the beautiful Frostbite 2 engine.

Have a look: blogs.battlefield.ea.com/.../Back-to-Karkand.aspx

blogs.battlefield.ea.com/.../B2K-2.aspx

blogs.battlefield.ea.com/.../BF3-Back-to-Karkand-3.aspx

Also, BF2 is still very much playable online. If you can't find it online (or don't want to buy it), Battlefield Play4Free is a free-to-play version of Battlefield that is heavily reminiscent of BF2.