Beyond GTA V....

So it may be early seeing GTA V wont be out for four to six months.  Would you like the next instalment to be set in modern times or in the past. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The only reason for the recycling of cities is because it is based in a "parody of real world America"; therefore, the cities they've chosen continuously have been in real world America. I too would like to see the game return to London or some other place but that's what computer mods are for since I highly doubt that Rockstar will go to other countries outside the US "until [we] have simulated the world outside".

I'm such a big fan of GTA that I really don't care where they chose to set their games, not been disappointed in any setting, they have all been great!

I honestly like moderne time more than the past, so modern times for me. Never get tired of how R* parody America in modern times. The past was more like parodies following a specific movie or something. With modern times, I feel R* is able to capture the "parody of America" they are always reaching for.

^ GTA have already official gone to London, just not since the 3D era, that's why isaid it would be nice to return...

Where ever they go it will likely be a well know iconic place.  

You have to admit though, Marwood, that seeing Liberty City, Vice City (I believe they will revisit it in VI), and San Andreas recycled does get a tad bit repetitive, right? True; they may be "updating the setting" but it's still based on the same cities.

(Modern times)

I feel it's time for the series to return to London. I love gta4 but feel the series is getting a little stale with the same old cities (to me they all look roughly the same) and same accents over and over.....

Indeed it would, but as I stated before, R* claimed they wouldn't traverse outside the US until "they can simulate the outside world (aka the US, I think).

-----

However, I do support a return to another country outside the US and/or London, just buy a pack of aspirin for the *wee woo wee woo*.

^ 100% agree.