Beware of mid game purchases!!!!!!!

Was playing Forza 5 tonight and came to a point in the game that i was offered to buy a car in game. Chose the car and all of a sudden I was prompted to buy a package (mid game) for $49.99 of actual money. I went through the prompts and realized no security code was needed to make purchase (i did not make the purchase for the expensive pack but did buy an individual car and was never asked for a password or my 3 digit pin on the back of my card). I called xbox about this issue but the customer support person said this was normal as a password is needed to login to the account so there was no need to ask for a password to access my personal bank account. I find this to be a major issue that should be resolved . This gives the abilty for anyones child to simply hit 2 buttons to make a purchase for hundreds of dollars. This needs to be stopped and a security feature really needs to be put in place. Please let this problem be heard!!!!! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107662-Eight-Year-Old-Girl-Blows-1400-on-Smurfberries Anyone else remember this problem????????????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can set it up so guests only have access to certain things support.xbox.com/.../change-content-restrictions-for-guest-accounts

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you saying the security code you set up for purchases doesn't work in games?

If that's so then that's a serious and potentially expensive bug that needs fixing,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.