Better Way for Downloading content

I'm getting very frustrated with the crappy way that the license transfer works.  Do we REALLY need to to re-download every piece of content individually to the new console?  There HAS to be a better way to do this.

My story -- I hooked my girlfriend up with my launch Xbox an Xbox Live subscription for Netflix and Kinect VIdeo chat and bought myself the new Star Wars one.  Did the license transfer, and saw that you need to re-download all content on the new box.  But there really isn't an adequate way of doing this.  With a download queue restriction of 30 items, people like me with a ton of money invested in Arcade games and rhythm game DLC have to spend all day managing the queue.  Why isn't there just a button to download everything (or at least, everything in certain categories)?

Even if you do it via the web page, the limit of 30 items in the queue remains.  To try to manage this better, I started breaking it out by category, and finally got through the Arcade Games category.  Then I went to Full Games, and it had a mix of Arcade games and Xbox Favorites.  Then I went to the DLC, and it included several of the DLC packages for Arcade Games that I had already downloaded in the Arcade Games category...  Now, there isn't a way to manage which ones I've downloaded to the new console, so it is a manual process (or I may just end up re-downloading content, breaking my ISP's data cap).

I know I can still access the content if I'm logged into Live, but with the recent buzz about a potential new Xbox coming out, I want to ensure that this one has life even after they kill Live for the 360 shortly after the new one has general availability.  Just a simple button to download everything I've purchased to a new console...seems like a simple concept...why don't they get it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Banjo! I understand you recently did a license transfer and are now trying to download the content again. Did you do the license transfer on the website or the console? If done on the website, I believe there is an option to download all the content again. You can also use the website to queue up downloads a little faster than on the console. Let me know if that helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A;so note that you do not have to download entire files again. Only the content license needs updating so each download takes a second or so to complete.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried using an Xbox HDD transfer cable? It transfers all content from one HDD to the next HDD. I used one to transfer all my data from my Elite 360 to my MW3 360. It worked beautifully.

Sorry this didn't help.