Better October 4th purchase

Rage or Dark Souls?  I know they're different genres, but I happen to like them both.  I know I'm going into Gamestop at lunch on Tuesday to get one, but I'm not sure which one yet.  Any ideas?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dark souls if you wanna break your remote.

Well I would suggest neither. But whatever one you pick I hope you enjoy. I'll be having an MRI to check for cancer. Enjoy.

All of my 10/4 purchases are going to be Blu-rays (at least 6 titles). Like Covert Affairs, I wouldn't recommend either of these games.

@ Covert Affairs... Seriously? I'll be praying all turns out well for you.

I would go with Rage, but I'm fond of sand & shanty towns in games. I've never played Demon Souls though, I don't really know much about the new one.

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

All of my 10/4 purchases are going to be Blu-rays (at least 6 titles). Like Covert Affairs, I wouldn't recommend either of these games.

[/quote]

Lion King!?!?!

The guys at GameStop were talking about how ridiculously hard Dark Souls was going to be and were telling me stories of people who bought Demons Souls and brought it back the next day because it was that damn hard, and the devs said they're making Dark Souls even harder than the first, so that's a pass for me. I don't play games to get infuriated at the insane difficulty. Therefore I already have RAGE paid off and I think that's what you should get.

I'm leaning more toward Rage. I've seen videos and interviews on them both. They both look good, but I think Rage has the potential to actually be great. It's id's first big ip in a while and they know how to do a shooter. Frankly, the large, open world experience will no doubt be cool if that's your type of thing. Looks a bit more polished as well. Great graphics and flowing gameplay is always a plus. As for Dark Souls, it looks good, but the only hype I ever hear about it seems to be its difficulty. I'm no chump with difficulty, but there should be more than just the expectations the fans of the series demand on the developers. I skipped out on the first game, Demons' Souls, so I wouldn't know. But hey, I haven't played Rage either. But difficulty aside, I'm counting on having more fun with Rage.

MY next purchase is first week of Nov, then the second in the second week and third and  fourth in the third week, I'll be playing gears until then or I am sick of it and then I'll be doing lonesome road on FONV

I played rage at GAMEfest and i left before i even finished it, its not as good as i thought and i prob won't buy it now. Just my opinion, then again i wouldn't get dark souls either i'm waiting for the 14th for Forza 4 and dead rising 2 off the record.

I knew about Rage a while back and have been primed for it.  After reading the article on IGN about Dark Souls though, I got real interested in it.  I've spoken with people about the difficulty and they described it as terrific AI rather than cheap kills. Plus, the passive multi-player allows other gamers to help you and I'm not a rage quitter so I think I'll enjoy it.

Quick note about remote throwing...you quit that **** real quick when you buy your own equipment.

Wait a few more weeks and buy Arkham City.