Bethesda advises not to install game for now

Bethesda Addresses Skyrim Xbox 360 Graphics Issues

Advises not to install.

November 11, 2011 November 12, 2011 November 11, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great-looking game, but the Xbox 360 version is having some issues. According to Bethesda, the game has trouble scaling textures on the Xbox 360 and may not perform properly when installed to the system's hard drive.

"Skyrim uses a lot of dynamic streaming systems, including textures. We've seen a few reports of certain textures temporarily scaling down on the Xbox 360, and not scaling back up," Bethesda said on its official forums. "We have verified that this issue does not occur when playing off the disk and when the game is fully cached (not installed)."

"Skyrim makes heavy use of the Xbox 360 caching system, and caches over the normal course of play while in menus or interiors. This cache can be wiped when other games are played or when the user manually removes it."

Bethesda added that a fix is on the way and will be released in the next title update for the game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212271p1.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've installed the game and haven't noticed anything abnormal so far. That's not to say that I won't see this problem tonight or tomorrow. If I do then I'll delete the install and reinstall when the patch comes.

I'm not too bothered with a few graphical mishaps, i've installed it and haven't came across any.

I decided to play it safe and install it on a 8GB USB, that way I wont tax my system but possibly am able to avoid the texture problems.  Ill let you know how it turns out, installing now.

I have the game installed on to a 16G Sandisk pen drive, lol.

So far it's been fine, the only thing I've noticed is things can get a bit laggy when a Dragon show's up.

[quote user="The Dribble"]

I decided to play it safe and install it on a 8GB USB, that way I wont tax my system but possibly am able to avoid the texture problems.  Ill let you know how it turns out, installing now.

[/quote]Just got home from work. Will play in a hour or so. I will definitely be interested to know about the USB install. I have a 16gb usb available, although I am unsure if this will work. Would like your thoughts as to go with the others on here. Thx.

I had to install the game. It wouldn't play on my 360 for some reason? It still gives me trouble, but it's installed and the graphics are beautiful.

the worst i saw was the grass was really blurry and it lasted a few seconds, then went back.

graphics are on and off for me, so far its still better than oblivion or at least from what I remember of oblivion so I dont mind. I'm still kind of in shock that skyrim is finally here.

So I installed and played past the dragon with the 8gb sandisk and absolutely no FPS issues and no texture issues what so ever. runs smooth

Installed it from day one, no problems yet. Might be a problem with older consoles maybe?