Beta Withdrawal...Gears of War 1 Anyone?

The withdrawals from the beta have finally set-in...

So I went back to Gears of War 2 - but, it feels really slow and lethargic now after playing the beta for 3 weeks straight. Couldn't get into it.

Then I went back to Gears of War 1 - the speed is there, which was nice, and there seems to be some people still playing...and lag/glitching wasn't really an issue with the few matches of execution I played. There is just something special about the first release...hard to believe I first played it back in 2006. It has the grit and rawness that I fondly remember so much. Shotgun battles still gave me the adrenalin rush...sniper felt great in my hands again too.

Which brings me here, to the xbox live forums...looking for some peeps to play some classic Gears of War 1 with - ranked or public with mics. Looking for respectful like-minded Gears players...I'm a mature gamer...not the best out there, but I can hold my own. It would be really nice to get some games going like the good ol' days. So, if anyone is interested in the EST timezone...

Hit me up.

Thanks for your time forum community

ps..haven't been on the forums for a while...didn't see a Gears of  War 1 forum, so I posted it here.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, the first one will always be my baby. You will see me on Ranked Warzone often, I'm trying to get my Seriously.

i got it for like 5 bucks

any1 who is half decent at gears1 hit me up with a friend request. its the only game i play.

add me im always on gears 1, been playin gears ever since it came out (on a different gamertag) but i use this one now

i dont even own gears 2 because i think it is trash

cant wait for 3 tho

I'll be on tonight FearMeInside & TellTaleHeart - I'll add ya.

[quote user="DenyThisFlesh"]

[quote user="LithiumRainn"]

Gears 1 hit detection is fine/if not the same as gears 3. Gears 3 my just seem better because of the DS

[/quote]

No.  Gears 1 hit detection isn't even close to Gears 3.  It's not bad most of the time, but Gears 3 is much better even on most p2p connections.  Gears 1 hit detection is totally dependent on the host and that causes problems from time to time.

[/quote]

Yes this is accurate ...I love GOW 1,but if GOW3 retail plays like the beta (smoothness and lag free) it will become the new standard for 3rd persons IMO

Gears 1 hit detection is fine/if not the same as gears 3. Gears 3 my just seem better because of the DS

Gears of War 1 is not the same as Gears 3 because hit detection is better in 3.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

wish I still had it.....anyone know how much it costs @ gamestop?

[quote user="LithiumRainn"]

[/quote]

No.  Gears 1 hit detection isn't even close to Gears 3.  It's not bad most of the time, but Gears 3 is much better even on most p2p connections.  Gears 1 hit detection is totally dependent on the host and that causes problems from time to time.