Best Shotgun for Vanguards

So, what shotgun do some of you believe is a great shotgun to use with a particular vanguard???

When I use my krogan vanguard, I go for the lightest shotgun that I can do a great deal of damage, but rate of fire and thermal clip size plays a important factor too.

If I'm going to be using biotic charge to get into an enemies face, I would want to have a high cooldown rate to recharge my shields quickly with another biotic charge but still want to have a great damaging shotgun for that "in your face" blast range after the biotic charge.

I believe others may have found the perfect shotgun to compliment a particular's vanguard's skills.

So I would like to hear about them.

Personally, my favorite vanguard is the Krogan Battlemaster, but I REALLY want that damn Batarian Vanguard though. He's the ONLY vanguard that I wanted and is the ONLY vanguard that I don't have.

I don't have many shotguns, probably, like seven or eight of them, and the ones I see other people using are ones Ive never seen before. Most of the shotguns I do have are low level, so I would like to know what shotguns I should keep an eye out for when I do acquire them. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello again "Dre G Writer"  :)

---

Wraith  =  It has a base damage that fills up about 90% of the damage indicator bar and it is only about 25% heavier than the Eviscerator.  It only fires 2 shots, but it re-loads in the blink of an eye and has tons of ammo.  This works well at longer ranges  :)

---

Eviscerator  =  It has a base damage that fills up about 75% of the damage indicator bar and it is about 25% lighter than the Wraith.  It only fires 3 shots, but it re-loads in the blink of an eye and has slightly less ammo than the Wraith.  This also works well at longer ranges  :)

---

Disciple  =  It has a base damage the fills up about 60% of the damage indicator bar and it is about 50% lighter than the Eviscerator.  It only fires 4 shots and its re-load time is moderately long, but it does have an amazing ability to knock back / stagger on impact; it has slightly more ammo than the Wraith.  It has less range than the Wrait and Eviscerator, but more than the Scimitar  :)

---

Scimitar  =  It has a base damage that fills up about 50% of the damage indicator bar and it is about 15% heavier than the Disciple.  It can rapidly fire 8 shots and it has a slightly longer re-load time than the Disciple.  It has about the same amount of ammo as the Disciple, but has the shortest range out of the 3 that are listed above  :)

---

The only Vanguard I use 90% of the time is my Krogan Battlemaster. I give him the Reegar Carbine X with Shotgun Spare Thermal Clip V and Shotgun Blade Attachment V. His cooldown is about 150% though... but depending on how you spend your skill points, the delay is negligble

I use the Wraith X on my N7 Slayer with a back up Phalanx X for setting up long range tech explosion when I can't get in there and start slashing. That's my only Vanguard that uses a shotgun regularly.

I would use the Wraith if I could actually upgrade it. :( As it is, it is the Eviscerator for me.

Aside from the Eagle and Hurricane, the Wraith is my only maxed out ultra rare. I think.

This is an easy one. Ultra Rare, Wraith and for Rares, Reegar Carbine.

Cheer up "Kimieva"  :)  Even at level 1, this thing is an absolute beast, just use the Extended Barrel mod for additional damage and the Spare Ammo mod in conjuction with a Shotgun Rail Amp.  Furthermore, the Eviscerator is a good weapon choice so its not like your Vanguard is being hampered in any way, shape, or form  :)

I dont even have the wraith. Never even used it in single player. But I do have a level 2 reegar carbine though, I use that with a thermal clip and blade attachment mod for my warlord krogan. But I use the level 1 piranha for my krogan battle master.

The Piranha is an excellent choice for the Krogan Battlemaster  :)  I'm assuming that it is using the thermal clip mod and the blade attachment right?  It (the Piranha) can decimate anything in its path, but I prefer to hold down the aim button when I use my Shotgun, thus I don't really use it.  Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone!  :)

Reager.