Best place to go for a good deal?

Anyone know where the best place is to go to sell your plunder?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Most efficient way to sell lots of gear is to sell it to Tonilia and the other Thieve's Guild Merchants, but she doesn't exactly give a great price. I don't know about the others.

In general, anywhere is convenient. I like to sell in Whiterun because after taking the 50 Speech perk that allows you to sell anything to anyone (unless it's stolen), you can sell to the man in Warmaiden's, Adrienne just outside, the General Store, the Alchemy Store and Eorlund at the Skyforge.

To be honest, until you get 50 Speech you won't have a great time selling goods. Stores reset in 48 hours (the full wait time twice over) after you last visited them and you can speed that up by opening the guide before the time starts ticking down (straight after pressing 'A' to start the waiting period).

You can increase your Speech by persuading/intimidating/selling goods/and paying the Guards to ignore your crimes after you join the Thieve's Guild.

Paying the Guards is something I do a lot, it's expensive eventually but is quite effective.

What CSBob said + some thieves guild outfits are enchanted for better prices when you buy and sell. You also eventually learn that enchantment and can put it on necklaces and other attire. So, wherever you decide to go for buying and selling, make sure you FIRST wear the clothes and jewelry that give you maximum speech and maximum best prices when you start your bartering. Some potions will also give you short term increases.

Some people report that the Riverwood Trader can have as much as 12k septims on hand hand after investing in his business, so, if you have the perks to Invest, and be able to sell him anything, it's worth your time to try him out.  Makes selling the bigger ticket items easier, and allows you to dump off higher quantities of loot in one location.

[quote user="rma316"]

Some people report that the Riverwood Trader can have as much as 12k septims on hand hand after investing in his business, so, if you have the perks to Invest, and be able to sell him anything, it's worth your time to try him out.  Makes selling the bigger ticket items easier, and allows you to dump off higher quantities of loot in one location.

[/quote]  I just checked this out and it's true in my game. I had invested in him earlier. When I walked into the store this time (at level 46), the Riverwood Trader had just under $12K available for purchases.  That's the highest I've seen anywhere.

Cool! Thanks for this!

You should also invest in the Speech perk Allure.  More gold from the opposite *** in nice.

other than at low levels i never had a problem with money.......just pick up everything you can haul and sell it.  i have 3 of 5 houses including ones in solitude and markarth and still have 170,000gp level 47 i think.  is kind of a mess going from dealer to dealer just to sell a few items but hang in there and eventually you'll get over the hump then gold will not be a problem!  however i have heard that starting a character as a mage doesnt help as their quests dont offer gold at the end. :(

My problem is that when I pick up something in a dungeon, say a gold necklace that is worth 400 gold, when I sell it I'm only offered 200.....

You know I notice the same thing. I never get what it says its worth. Maybe we have to get our speech skill way up or something.

Right on, Angelus. There are level-up promotions that give you better prices for buying and selling. There are also enchantments that do the same. When I'm ready to do business, I change outfits. I have armor and jewelry that give me better prices and higher sppechcraft on top of those I got from my level-up promotions.