Best PDW?

(Or SMG as I prefer to call 'em)

Need to start using them more.  I have 30 kills or so with the UMP-45 and about 15 with all the others combined.

So what do you like to roll with when you decide to pick a PDW (SMG!)?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I ran with the AS VAL until I got a service star for it, it was okay for pretty up-close situations but I never had the same luck at distance with it that other people have reported. The most recent one I got a service star for was the PDW-R, which I actually like a lot. It has enough of a punch that you can still take people out at mid range with it, and since I don't like sniping, it makes a great gun for an aggressive recon.

My stats here: battlelog.battlefield.com/.../xbox

I can't snipe either.  If I roll as Recon I use an SKS with 4x scope.  And that ain't very often.

I'm also trying to service star every primary weapon at least once (bar the crappy bolt action snipers for the above reason) and that's why I've decided to sue the PDW's more.

I think the AS VAL is the best all around PDW.  Its very respectable in close quarters, and completely outclasses the other PDW's in medium range encounters.  The only downside is the 20 bullet clip, but if your gentle on the trigger you can easily kill 2 people with one clip.  Plus, I hear they are adding extended mags to the VAL, which would make it even better after the patch.  I use the VAL with my support class when I'm trying to C4 tanks, just to give you some prospective on how I use it.

If you plan on flanking hard and shooting multiple people in the back I would go with the PP-19, because of the 55 bullet clip, but its very weak and not very good in head on match-ups.

try pp2000 with ext mags .

or P91 .

im using the VAL at the moment ad have to say its not too shabby at medium range a larger clip is all it needs..

I feel the AS VAL is super weak for medium range. On the extended weapon information on Battlelog- The AS VAL has a maximum distance of 450m. The P90 has a max of 630m. Plus the 20 bullet magazine makes it even worse.

I believe the P90 is best PDW.  

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

I feel the AS VAL is super weak for medium range. On the extended weapon information on Battlelog- The AS VAL has a maximum distance of 450m. The P90 has a max of 630m. Plus the 20 bullet magazine makes it even worse.

I believe the P90 is best PDW.  

[/quote]

Don't you unlock the AS VAL with a silencer already attached?  At least that's what it says on Battlelog - "The AS VAL is an integrally suppressed Soviet designed Assault Rifle".  Maybe that's why the range might seem lacking?

I haven't unlocked it yet so I dunno (51,000 points to go).

I'll have to try out the P90, I got fond memories of that thingfrom COD4.  it was a bullethose, you didn't even need to aim down the sights.

UMP is good....

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

Don't you unlock the AS VAL with a silencer already attached?  At least that's what it says on Battlelog - "The AS VAL is an integrally suppressed Soviet designed Assault Rifle".  Maybe that's why the range might seem lacking?

I haven't unlocked it yet so I dunno (51,000 points to go).

I'll have to try out the P90, I got fond memories of that thingfrom COD4.  it was a bullethose, you didn't even need to aim down the sights.

[/quote]

Yea I forgot about that. It has more recoil with the silencer than the P90 does without one though.So when you slap one on the P90 it is a monster that kills 4 guys with one mag.

You don't have to aim down sights with any gun on COD.  But the laser is another great attachment for the P90.

[quote user="Clean Roach"]

UMP is good....

[/quote]

hah