Best of 3 rounds?!

Another thread title with totally unrelated topic got me thinking... I'd like to see games like Domination go from 2 rounds where the score accumulates, to 3 rounds where it'll be a best of. Every round each team starts at 0 and if it's decided in 2 then it's over and if it's tied then the 3rd will be do or die. Possibly the rounds may need to be shorter to keep the A.D.D suffers happy, and maybe it might cut down the lobby jumpers from quitting when they start and their team has no flags! Anyway, just a thought :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

*stupid iPhone!

The reason there are two rounds in Domination is because they want the spawns to be balanced without having to introduce symmetric maps. Series don't have a place in public (non-skill based) matchmaking.

Yup, each team gets ONE shot with the "better" spawn, nothing else needed.

I'm not suggesting we go with the OP's idea, but I've wondered about whether the current 2-round method really works.

-

Let's say that on a particular map, 1 spawn is really good & the other is really bad. The team that spawns on the good side gets a tremendous lead & maintains it for the entire round. By the time the 2nd round comes around, the team that originally spawned on the bad side will have a far more difficult time catching up (or tying if they're lucky) because most of them will be demoralized by their own poor performance up to that point if they haven't already outright quit (many of which do) or been affected by crippling lag on top of the bad spawn at the start.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]Let's say that on a particular map, 1 spawn is really good & the other is really bad. The team that spawns on the good side gets a tremendous lead & maintains it for the entire round. By the time the 2nd round comes around, the team that originally spawned on the bad side will have a far more difficult time catching up (or tying if they're lucky) because most of them will be demoralized by their own poor performance up to that point if they haven't already outright quit (many of which do) or been affected by crippling lag on top of the bad spawn at the start.[/quote]Also, to add to your statement.  Because you are trying so hard to get to the B flag and getting your *** handed to you, the other team is racking up high SSR's and saving them for the second round and now they have B flag again. 

Well true competitive play wouldn't have the score limit at 200 and wouldn't have scorestreaks.

^^ I like that idea.