Best DLC of the Trilogy

I haven't finished The Citadel yet, but it's easily the best DLC of the franchise & I've played them all. IMO, if you're a fan of ME this is easily worth the $15.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="BlackHawkDrunk"]I haven't finished The Citadel yet, but it's easily the best DLC of the franchise & I've played them all. IMO, if you're a fan of ME this is easily worth the $15.

[/quote]

I disagree with this.

When I calm down, I will attempt to write a more reasonable evaluation of my thoughts on Citadel.

As it is, all I can say is this.

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate anything in the trilogy more than I hated Kai Leng on Thessia.

But I was wrong.

I am that filled with heartbreak right now.

I don't know what broke your heart because I'm not done yet, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm loving the nostalgia & history. To offer a spoiler- free perspective: I'm about 20 minutes past "the twist."

I wouldn't say it was the best but it was fairly enjoyable, if a little stupid.

-

Plus no-one hurts my miniature giant space hamster.

I took a break about halfway through, but I was smiling at every turn, 'Bring Down The Sky' still reins supreme for me but this is, to borrow a word from voteDC, the most "enjoyable" so far for me.  I'm waiting for my son to get off of the Box so I can finish it but he's having too much of a blast with it for me to give him the boot just now, if the "Grandpa Ending" summizes this trilogy with a "just a story" sentiment, this DLC elaborates a little further on it being "just a game" and I'm very happy and content with the trilogy at that, nice work BioWare and "2014/15" can't come soon enough for this MASS Addict...:-)

"Uncle Urdnot has a present for you!" Seriously, 'nuff said.

[quote user="BlackHawkDrunk"]

I don't know what broke your heart because I'm not done yet, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm loving the nostalgia & history. To offer a spoiler- free perspective: I'm about 20 minutes past "the twist."

[/quote]

I was hoping there would be one and it sounds like it's something close to finding out the collectors were actually re-purposed protheans and liara becoming the shadow broker. off-topic: does anyone else think liara is one big easter egg referencing lara croft from tomb raider? I don't know why I didn't make the connection until now but think about it: both are archaeologists and both are female (liara is from a mono-gendered race but she looks female) along with both being deadly in a fight. just something I noticed recently...

Has any one beaten this thing on insanity?

It's a weird feeling. I really enjoyed playing the DLC, I had a blast with the mission and the party but now it kind of feels...well dull.

The little character pieces afterwards feel forced, I'm just not getting any excitement or interest from them. I've only done the first three available to me, so hopefully they really improve.

Also I can't see myself playing the combat simulator at all. Not only am I not a fan of the combat but boy the menu system for the sim is a pain in the bum.

Edit: Oh and the combat sim requires you to unlock maps, squad-mates, modifiers etc by earning points in the sim. So unless you're a fan of the combat, you'll never see most of what it has to offer.

Yes, i beat it on insanity.

I've also encountered problem with the personal moments where they fail to load. Both Liara's and Thane's both got a terminal message but they didn't appear on the map.

Ashley's gets props for the Star Wars moment.