Benefit of playing DA:Origins before starting DA2?

Hi everyone

First off, I'm not looking for opinions on which of the 2 is superior... I've seen the reviews

A family member has let me borrow both DA:Origins (complete with the complete DLC disc), and DA 2.  Before now my only experience of Dragon Age was the DA 2 demo from Xbox Live.

I've just spent about a day playing the first game, and I'm just wondering how fundamental playing this one actually is if I intend to play the second?  I'm happy playing the more RPG heavy style games, but also enjoy the more action-focussed style of DA 2.  I'm a big Mass Effect 1 & 2 fan, so I know the parallels.  The problem is I just don't really have the time to invest in a massive RPG if I don't need to.  I'm itching to get stuck into DA 2 more really.  I also know my DA 1 chacter won't carry over (like it did in ME).

How beneficial is sticking through DA 1?  Will my experience of DA 2 suffer if I skip the first game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well, thanks to the multiple history options at the beginning of the game. I think you won't miss much if you don't play DAO.

You won't miss much besides a fully customize DAO major history plot events, the rich in-depth DA history codex, the awesome DAO combat system, and a great RPG experience/story that's DAO.

Personally, I don't really feel there's much difference between DAO and DA2 combat systems except DA2 is a bit fast paced. The so called lost-of-tactical-gameplay is true for PC DA gamers, however it's the same DA combat for us Xbox gamers.

"You won't miss much besides a fully customize DAO major history plot events, the rich in-depth DA history codex, the awesome DAO combat system, and a great RPG experience/story that's DAO."

Hahaha, ok then... so you're saying I won't suffer gamepplay wise if I leap to DA2, but I'll be missing out on a tons of awesomeness?

Point taken, I guess I'll stick with DA:Origins  Cheers!