Bell Fibe Passthrough sound+image issue

Hi, I have a problem with my Xbox one. My TV is a Samsung LED UN55FH6030 (1080p native) and my receiver is a Motorola VIP2622. The sound settings are set to stereo uncompressed on the Xbox one and stereo on the Motorola receiver. I've tried different combinations of settings for the resolution of the Motorola receiver. I know Bell (Fibe) broadcast all their channel in 720p so I set the Motorola receiver to 720p. The picture quality is perfect but the problem is that there seems to be some sort of sound clipping. When I listen to Football games or almost any channels, I can hear some sort of sound distortion. It's not that bad but I can hear it and it bothers me. The funny thing is that there is an option on my Motorola receiver in the screen resolution options that is:  1080p or best resolution (non 1080p content will be converted to 1080i). So I chose that option instead of 720p and the sound distortion is gone. The downside is that picture quality is not as good as when it was set to 720p; image looks more grainy. So I'm wondering, how come sound is laggy and clipping when picture is set to 720p on the Motorola receiver and what causes this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to: