Being De-ranked on MP

I've been play gears since #1 but never really got into the MP side of gears, since there is a Death match mode now, I thought I would give MP more of a chance then I did before.

However I played a few matches last night and in a couple of the matches I got de-ranked. Eg:- I was Lv 13 and ranked up to 14 during the a match, when the match ended my score was removed and put me back to Lv 13 WTF.

Does anyone know how to avoid this from happening and as it always been a feature in GOW MP?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Do not sign into Xbox Live during a Gears loading screen.  This will put your level back to 1. 

If you were deranked from 14 to 13, you probably incurred a disconnect match penalty for quitting or disconnecting from a match that brought you down a rank.

Problem solved.

I auto sign in and load to the dash board, then boot GOW3 as all my games. The problem I'm having is that when I finish a match and the screen that shows you how much XP I gained in that match is sometimes removed and resulted in me losing a rank once or twice.

This topic is already being discussed here.

Actually this happened to me once. I finished a match and it said I unlocked a character for being level 10. But when the stat screen shows up I"m only level 9 still. LOL.

is there any way for me to get back to the level i was???

Do it again.  And always back out to the main menu with B.

Though to be safe, I back all the way to the title screen.

[quote user="Metal DJ"]

Do not sign into Xbox Live during a Gears loading screen.  This will put your level back to 1. 

[/quote] actually, that's false for GoW3, since the servers store your stats and you synch with the servers.

Your problem isn't the rank reset problem. A penalty removes XP. The penalty is applied after you leave or disconnect during a match. Just see the thing through if you don't wish to have the penalty applied. At the lower levels, it is harsh enough (2000, I think) to have you de-level.

i have been deranked for gears of war 3 from 81 down 2 level 1 i want to know how i can get all my stuff back i brought the game for £40 and dlc for £25 i want my unlockables back all my medals gone

[quote user="WnB Chronicz"]

i have been deranked for gears of war 3 from 81 down 2 level 1 i want to know how i can get all my stuff back i brought the game for £40 and dlc for £25 i want my unlockables back all my medals gone

[/quote]

What you are talking about is not what the original poster is talking about.  What happened to the O.P. is that he received negative experience because of quitting out (or whatever other reason) and he was ranked down as a result of the negative xp.  What you are talking about is a design flaw in Epic's product that corrupts your player data file.

The only way to get your rank/stats back is to have your player data backed up to the cloud or a separate USB flash drive.  Short of that, there is nothing you can do to get your stats/rank back.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

-M