Being able to join servers and multiplayer games

On Minecraft my account seems to have reset. When I went and joined onto my friends world I was back at spawn and had lost all my resources and levels. The next time I played Minecraft it had forgotten I had any friends and would not let me do Realms, multiplayer, or Servers (as seen in pictures attached). I went onto the link it mentions but have not yet found a way to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated as it has been about week since this first started.

Side note: if it helps I’m on mobile.

Hello MissQuatlogical,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to use the multiplayer features of Minecraft due to the privacy settings of your Microsoft account. Do you have a child account or an adult account? If you have an adult account, you can visit the online privacy & safety settings of your Xbox account at the Xbox website. You should use the section of the article that says, "manage your privacy and online safety settings on Xbox.com."

There will be privacy options for Xbox One/Windows 10 and Xbox 360. It is better to go through all of the settings to make sure that there are no settings enabled that would restrict your ability to play with anyone. If you have a child account, your account must be tied to an adult account through the adult account's family. The adult account must make these changes for the child account. We hope this information helps MissQuatlogica!

\(^ω^\)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, thanks for the advice but it is still not yet working. I looked through all my settings but most of them were about people seeing my profile on the app, which wasn’t really helping. Maybe I was just in the wrong section but if you know anymore advice that would be great!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Miss,

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the cross play is not enabled in settings, were you able to look at the privacy and online settings? We will give you the steps to change the exact ones for the cross platform use.   

1. You will go to the Xbox website and sign in.  

2. Once signed in, click your picture top right corner go to Xbox profile.  

3. Click on privacy settings.  

4. Once in settings, under the picture see Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety. Select the Xbox one/Windows 10 online safety.  

5.  You will see you gamertag you are looking for one setting:  

6. The two you want to make sure say allow and everybody are:   

1. "you can play with people outside of Xbox live" set to allow   

1. Now click on privacy you are looking for one setting:  

2. "you can communicate outside of Xbox live with voice and text" set to allow   

Hope this helps.  

Thanks,  
Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey,

I followed your instructions to a tee, but, I still cannot seem to use multiplayer, servers etc. The screen is just the same as the pictures in the original message. Any advice would be great as it has been roughly two weeks since this first started.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello its me

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MissQuatlogical,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to use the multiplayer features of Minecraft due to the privacy settings of your Microsoft account. Do you have a child account or an adult account? If you have an adult account, you can visit the online privacy & safety settings of your Xbox account at the Xbox website. You should use the section of the article that says, "manage your privacy and online safety settings on Xbox.com."

There will be privacy options for Xbox One/Windows 10 and Xbox 360. It is better to go through all of the settings to make sure that there are no settings enabled that would restrict your ability to play with anyone. If you have a child account, your account must be tied to an adult account through the adult account's family. The adult account must make these changes for the child account. We hope this information helps MissQuatlogica!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 1,330 Applies to: