Been told might be able to have a free game.

I contacted Xbox live support about me thinking of changing to playstation because it's slightly cheaper so I'll be able to buy more games and they told me to come here for a possible free game bcause I have had an Xbox for a long time .

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid support have directed you in error. These are the support pages for problems with games - I'm not sure of the place you should be directing your issue, but support (who you've already spoken to) would have the idea.

However I would be very surprised if Microsoft authorised a free game because the Playstation is cheaper - prices have been published for maybe 6 months now, so everyone has known how much each system would cost for a good while. Giving plenty of time to realise one was more expensive (but came with more) than the other

Unlike phone companies etc Microsoft doesn't have a customer retention team.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

They might have been referring to the Games with Gold program to highlight that they take care of their loyal customers.  It ran from, I believe, the XB1 reveal event thru the end of this year.  2 Games each month for free for Gold members.  Just an assumption, but a good possibility.

www.xbox.com/.../games-with-gold

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.