Battlefield3 & Fifa12 server disconnects

Hi,

Since updating to the new Xbox dashboard (I don't know if that is related but its been happening since) two games I wanted to play online keep disconnecting constantly, I can't play for more than 10min without loosing connection with servers. It keeps me connected to Xbox Live, but it drops me out of game servers. It is very frustrating when playing FIFA12 Ultimate Team, since I get contract points deducted every time it drops out of connection. Same for Battlefield 3 when I want to play with friends in Europe, half way though match it disconnects from server.

I have not had any problems playing online on my PS3 and watching Netflix so don't believe there is any issues with my internet connection.

Anyone else having these issues? Is there a way to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

These issues are quite common with EA games as their servers aren't the greatest. The best thing to do is wait for a bit and try again later, they are constantly working on their servers to try and improve them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Like I said, this has been happening to me since the dashboard update, I don't know if its coincidence but since that update its been happening to me all day every day regardless of time or day. When FIFA12 came out its been fine, but now since update its been disconnecting for me. I get disconnected even from none EA servers on BF3. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Zeuxis, have you tested any non-EA games to see if the same (or a similar) issue occurs? Please let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.

I get this all the time and Im sick to death of it!! Every time I turn my xbox on all is fine, I connect to xbox live straight away and see all my friends playing away etc and then as soon as fifa 12 goes in that machine by the time im at the main menu I get the usual 'you have been disconnected from xbox live' Ive had an xbox 360 since they day it came out and have over 100 games yet the connection to xbox live and certain games is getting worse and we 'PAY' for the priveledge!!

Quite frankly after 6 months of this disconnecting if its not sorted soon then I really am reluctantly going to have to get myself a PS3!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Turnip! I understand you are having some sporadic disconnects recently. Does this only happen in Fifa 12, or do you experience this in other games as well? Do you ever get disconnected from LIVE while using apps or just navigating the dashboard? One thing you could try is simply downloading your profile again. Sometimes this can clear up issues with disconnecting after launching games. Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this same problem. I can stay connected to Xboxlive and my parties but while playing BF3 I constantly get dropped from games because I lost connection from EA. This happens on both types of servers rented, and EA. Please help me figure this junk out lol.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Kaiweaver. Can you please create a new thread for us? Be sure to include a full description of your situation including any error codes you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.