Battlefield controls, is there a legacy set-up available?

Hey all,

I hope this is not a repeat of a question asked many times.  I am totally new to the Battlefield games.  I never really gave them much time because in the previous versions that I tried, there was no way to change the controls to the legacy type.  By this I mean

Left stick - moves forward and back, looks left and right   whereas Right stick - looks up and down and moves/straifes left and right.  This is the setup I got accustomed to in Golden Eye (with the little yellow buttons)  and I have played with it ever since.  CODMW has this set-up labeled as Legacy,  I believe in Halo it was called old school.

Before I buy this game, I was hoping to hear from someone about whether this set up is possible.  I know it has not come out yet but I was hoping maybe there was some insight.  I really want to get BF3.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I like right stick for crouch/prone.  Don't know about not cooking grenades.

In short i dont know. I played Operation Metro at GameFest last weekend but we only got 10 minutes so i wasnt guna waste any time messing with the controls.

The only thing i will say is that when we played, clicking the Right Stick was mapped to crouch which i didnt realise until i tried to knife a guy and ended up T-Bagging the floor infront of him instead.

There was also no cook time on grenades, you just press the button and chuck it which i hope will be changed.

[quote user="prtp3warrior"]

Haha.  Not many of us around still using it I guess.

[/quote]

Very true....LOL. I had tried to "evolve" from caveman ways, but I am really bad at the regular layout and its not fun for me anymore. I sent you a message BTW.

Well, nobody is perfect.  ;)

Haha.  Not many of us around still using it I guess.

yes!!!

well good, now u just gotta get used to bf, its not goldeneye

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about........and I got it from the old 007 days too.

AHH!!! Thanks dc4teggy.  That is the answer I am looking for!  Even if you are wrong, which I don't believe, that gives me hope.

Legacy controls should be available in BF3 cause they were available in BC2.