Battlefield 4's Battlscreen incompatible w/ Surface 2

READ FIRST BEFORE REFERRING ME ELSEWHERE

Problem: The Xbox One smartglass app on my windows surface 2 cannot launch the BF4 companion app. It says that "your browser is not supported." When I go to Internet Explorer itself and try to launch battlescreen via the battelog website, it refers me to the smartglass app.

Why Ive done: After reinstalling updating and restarting in different combinations, I finally called EA to discuss the issue. After having to have me on hold while he sent the problem "up the ladder" he found out that supposedly Microsoft has stated that the specific battlscreen companion app for BF4 on smartscreen is incompatible with the current Surface operating system. He then told me I should discuss the issue with Microsoft.

Why I'm Here: What makes this bad is that when pressing select while playing BF4 it specifically shows a Windows Surface Tablet and says "Experience Battlescreen: Get the upper hand by using smartglass as an extended minimap etc." Although I will be contacting Windows Surface Support, I'm also sending this here because it is specifically being falsely advertised in the Xbox version of BF4 and not in the PS4 version.

Basically, I'm wondering if this problem is even going to be addressed by Microsoft either by fixing the tablet or removing the ad in the game. Either case, it is ridiculous the lack of functionality and blatant false advertisement.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I know you say repeatedly that you don't want to be referred elsewhere - but this is the Xbox One forum.

Xbox One runs BF4 fine, Smartglass runs the Battlescreen fine, and Win 8 & 8.1 run the battlescreen fine (I use it on my Win8 Samsung ATIV pro tablet)

....so if there is a problem, I'm afraid it must be with the surface 2.

As a result, i'm not sure you are going to get much joy looking for help on the Xbox One forums. The problem isn't with the Xbox One or even Smartglass.

You'd be better off on the Surface forums imho.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its not that I don't want to be referred elsewhere, I just said to read the whole post first. That and I already said I was in the process of contacting the support for surface as well.

The reason why I brought it up here is that in the Xbox One version of the game it shows a Surface which EA (at least their understanding) said that it did not work on the Surface's Operating system. That's why I thought it was important to post it here because the game is advertising for something that doesn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not just you, it seems this is currently a problem for all Windows 8 devices. Check this thread here: forums.xbox.com/.../4510201.aspx

Someone who appears to be from Microsoft showed up in the thread and acknowledged the issue. He said the dev team is working on a fix.

Sorry this didn't help.