Battlefield 4 Single Player issues +

Hello, I have a Day One edition Xbox One and not surprisingly, I've been having problems with Battlefield 4 since launch. I have the games on demand version of the game. Along with the numerous multiplayer issues, the single player game has become unplayable. When the game first came out I would finish the first mission and then the game would hang on the load screen for the second mission. I was told then to reinstall, but when I did, nothing changed. When the December patch was released I was prompted to reinstall again, so I did. This fixed that particular issue and I was able to continue with the game, to a point. At that point I was able to progress until the end of the 5th level where the last room of the mission simply wasn’t there. I trouble shot the machine, clearing the cache and reinstalling the title again. This time I was able to play another few missions until it froze again during a load screen. I tried starting from an earlier save point and that just crashed every few minutes. This leads me up to last week when the most recent patch is released, and again, I am prompted to reinstall the entire game again. Fine, I do that and try and continue my game, it won’t load my most recent save point and crashes within a few minutes at any earlier save point. I then try to start a new game, hoping that will create a new, hopefully uncorrupted save file. Instead it gives me the same error I had when I first purchased the game and the second mission will not load, and it still didn’t erase my old save file. 

During all this the multiplayer has had a variety of issues, the most frustrating being that some maps won’t load at all, and after each installation, those unplayable maps change. I have also had a similar problem with Forza, where the game constantly crashes when loading a particular track (Laguna Seca). I recently read that this might actually be a problem with the hard drive of the XB1, and not the games themselves, any truth to that?

So, here I am with the game I bought the system for being largely unplayable, turning my XB1 into a $500 Peggle machine.  I’ve tried reaching out to EA, but they’re being pretty silent about the games multitude of problems. Any help that anyone could provide would be much appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello battlefield fan, Here what I suggest to you because I had same thing going also. clear the cache after the install and once the do that reinstall once you have reinstalled clear the cache again after bf4 update. but this time when you hold power to turn off the system then unplug it. wait 30 sec then plug it back then retry the game, it worked for me that way.  If If I helped you.. Please rate my post or verify my answer!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Uhh, that is so poorly written I have no idea what it means.

Sorry this didn't help.

lol sorry about that was have sleep doing it here you go ( The xbox need to be clear of the cache, to do so hold xbox icon on the system to it turn off. then turn system back on, thats step one. then install your game, then do step one again. then install the update, once you have installed the update do step one yes once again. also besure not to run anything else when updating game's like run tv,youtube, etc and your bf4 or any other install should work fine. this help for game you installing from xbox store. CD type very .

Sorry this didn't help.