Battlefield 4 on Xbox One does not restore from suspended state (in Campaign)

So I have only played BF4 so far on Xbox one but I thought that games were supposed to pick back up right where I left off when turning the console back on. 

This somewhat happens in BF4 in the campaign, but was wondering if others wee having the same issues. I can be in a campaign mission, turn off the console (i have it set to "instant on") then turn it back on and I hear the sounds from the game but am greeted with a black screen. This happens everytime. 

I just wanted to know if this is something I need to be patient with (future patch?), or if there is something I should be doing?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey B Ren,

You can pick back up your game from where you left off if you go back to the home dashboard, access the store or your settings. Or even if you launch an app like Netflix or Youtube.

If you shut your console off though, your game will shut down and any unsaved progress will be lost.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mister Fizzle,

Thank you for your feedback however, based on a lot that I have read and heard, the xbox is supposed to suspend game status when turned off, that is as long as the resume games quickly setting and instant on are set to a yes.

I know other people who can resume their games from a suspend state after turning off the system.  I gave even watched videos of people doing it successfully.

In dead rising 3, it works for about a minute or so and then it crashes.

Have you heard of any similar situations?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.