Battlefield 4 Graphics Getting Worse?

I swear the online game is getting uglier by the day. DICE got the servers working somewhat better now, but the multiplayer graphics are getting WORSE. I am noticing way more distance draw pop-up, texture pop-in, and framerate issues with the game since the first time I booted it up on launch day. The explosions with all the particles flying everywhere have been way toned down as well since launch. I remember being blown away by the graphics the first week, but since they made a few updates it has gotten very last gen looking. Anyone else noticing this? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have to say, that's a real shame. I stopped playing a couple weeks back because of all the issues, but I was like you, blown away by how good it looked compared to last gen. I hope it's only temporary cause I do wanna get back into it eventually. COD Ghosts is getting more and more ridiculous every time I play it, too, but in terms of horrific spawn points and the increase of campers. It's near unplayable to me. Can't wait for Titanfall, that's all I'm saying.

I pretty much only play on the weekends but I did play last night and didn't notice any discernible degradation of graphics. I had some pretty good games of Domination last night. Good times were had by most and not a single ef was given by any.

I've haven't noticed this, is it possible you're just becoming accustomed to the game (reason being I looked about in detail day one and the close up textures were nothing to write home about).  As far as frame rate goes, still looks as smooth as a babies a** to me.  I'll take a more in depth look tonight, can't rule out them pulling stuff back to improve performance - but then logically you would be expect the frame rate to get better.

Dirty Harry, that is probably the dumbest post I've ever seen in my life... Why don't you do us all a favor and never make another post again... K thnx.

[quote user="Galaxyload"]

Dirty Harry, that is probably the dumbest post I've ever seen in my life... Why don't you do us all a favor and never make another post again... K thnx.

[/quote]

What are you, 12? That was nothing more than jealousy because you know I'm the man. Move along, scooter..... hahahahaha

I didnt see anything wrong with your post Harry.

In all the years I've walked this earth there's not been a day when I have given a single ef what some "galaxyload" random, anonymous, pudding headed basement dweller says. I sometimes get those looks when I'm in public. Yeah, Uneasy, you know that look because you're alpha too.  ;-)

None the less, I don't have any hard feelings for galaxy. He/she can say whatever. It actually made me chuckle. No worries./

Graphics look fibe to me.