Battlefield 4 Audio Issue: No Gunshot / Footsteps / Explosions

Just applied the Battlefield 4 Jan 30th update and it seems to have broken the audio in multiplayer. Basically I have found that for the first round (TDM in my case) I have to play with no gunshots, footsteps, explosions, etc. The only sound I get is the end of round music played everytime I get killed I don't understand how this kind of issue is not picked up by both DICE and Microsoft test QA teams. Clearly there is too much pressure to rush botched updates. A day or two more testing would probably pick this sort of thing up. I still haven't been able to play the campaign yet, as it continuously resets back to the start, but that's another story.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Had the identical issue last night and while I cannot be sure this works it did bring up full audio. Whilst in the deploy screen in multiplayer tram death-match (audio as you described; ie pants) I went into settings and turned KINNECT VOICE OFF, I then went into audio and reset the defaults. When I then deployed back into the game full audio effects were back up and running. Not retested this today yet but it being an audio problem it could easily  be down to lazy programming in the Kinnect or microphone feeds. Can't yet confirm this works all the time but it got me back in game :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.