Battlefield 3

So I played BF1 and it was so-so.  Not enough to keep my attention.  I skipped BF2 because of my experince with BF1.   I'm pretty sure I want to get BF3, but I am wondering if some of the thing's that I really didn't like about BF1 are still in the game.

1. Lines at the Tank's, planes, etc.   This pisses me off.   Not can I never fly any of these dam things, it seems my team was always getting wasted because 1/2 of them are waiting for a 'copter to spawn.  I liked Homefront's answer to this (not alot to like other than that about Homefront)  A point system that bought you a tank or whatever.

2. Bullet bamage seemed weak.   Non bullet damage (explosive) seemed non-existent on players. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I don't know about BF2 as I never played it. BFBC2 on the other hand.

My best answers to your questions.

1. There is not nearly as much helipad camping as there was. You do however run into a game or two where someone people refuse to leave the deployment in hopes of getting the chopper even if they did not get it to start and the pilot is good and never gets shoot down. That is just dumb play by dumb players.

2. bullet damage is fine and so are explosives( for the most part). You will get an occasional dud explosive i.e. put a c4 pack next to a player blew it up and see the player not even budge. delayed animations also lead to dud explosives. This does not happen a lot though.

I hope my answers help. BF3 is looking like it will be a very good game. If you have reservations about buying it, rent it first and find out if you want to purchase the game.

Yea I keep forgetting about Redbox.   I like Deus Ex, but I kinda wished I rented it instead.

No such thing as BF1...

1) If there are people waiting for the jets, leave the server, find a server/map that has team players in them.

2) Play hardcore. Same bullet damage, explosions but people have less health so it would be easier to kill.

If you want to rent, try waiting a few days after BF3 is released and go to GameStop and buy it used. Don't like it? Return within a week and get a full refund.

I  cant remember where I read this, maybe on the fact sheet released at Gamescom not sure,  However as the console now as server browser that matchs can also be created and the player/host as a option to set the match to infantry only.

[quote user="ReproductioN"]
If you want to rent, try waiting a few days after BF3 is released and go to GameStop and buy it used. Don't like it? Return within a week and get a full refund.

[/quote]

Also beware that BF3 will need a online pass just like BC2, if you rent or buy pre-owned you will not have access to MP without buying a pass from the in game store.

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

No such thing as BF1...

1) If there are people waiting for the jets, leave the server, find a server/map that has team players in them.

2) Play hardcore. Same bullet damage, explosions but people have less health so it would be easier to kill.

[/quote]

Will not work there is a online pass with this game and 99% that will be coming out.

[quote user="Uloi"]

So I played BF1 and it was so-so.  Not enough to keep my attention.  I skipped BF2 because of my experince with BF1.   I'm pretty sure I want to get BF3, but I am wondering if some of the thing's that I really didn't like about BF1 are still in the game.

1. Lines at the Tank's, planes, etc.   This pisses me off.   Not can I never fly any of these dam things, it seems my team was always getting wasted because 1/2 of them are waiting for a 'copter to spawn.  I liked Homefront's answer to this (not alot to like other than that about Homefront)  A point system that bought you a tank or whatever.

2. Bullet bamage seemed weak.   Non bullet damage (explosive) seemed non-existent on players. 

[/quote]

Your talking about battlefield 1942 and that would be on PC. Then BF2 was on PC and PS2. Then it came out for the old XBOX. You can not compare games that were made for these system 5-6 years ago to the ones they put out today. 

Just because some battlefield games are new doesn't make them better. I enjoy the older PC games because I care more about gameplay then stupid unlocks which is what the newer battlefield games seem to worship on. Seriously if you need to have massive amounts of unlocks to keep peoples interest, you didn't make a good enough game but that's my opinion

[quote user="MISFITSWITCH"]Will not work there is a online pass with this game and 99% that will be coming out.[/quote]

Yes but as I recall with some of EA games, they allow you play online for 2 days before making you buy a pass. Dead Space 2 for example.

Maybe if you rented it as soon as its available and get in first,there may be a pass in the box still?unless the store removes it of course.