Battlefield 3 - Wrong Region Error Code

Does anybody have issues with getting Battlefield 3 to load on their 360?  I have tried both the single player and multi-player discs (from two different disc sets) and all I can get is the Wrong Region error code: "This disc's region code is incorrect for this console."  I have a US xbox (previously serviced by Microsoft no less), and this game was purchased at Game Stop (the first one was borrowed from a friend).  I have verified that it is NTSC for US.

I have combed through every single post I can find, and chatted with Microsoft support for over two hours (all of which was simply going through EVERYTHING that I've already tried) to try to find a solution.  They of course were completely unhelpful and just wanted to me send in the xbox to be serviced - for another $79 of course.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated since the "gurus" in tech support seem completely unable to come up with anything creative.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 61 Applies to:

Have you tried any other games, if not, I would try that first, if they are NTSC and don't work it's the console, if they do work it's the BF3 disc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried other games, and they are NTSC. I have also tried two different BF3 discs and had problems with both. It just seems highly improbable logistically for two game discs to be bad that work in other consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

Howdy Cowboy,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues playing BF3.

Since you are having this issue with multiple copies of the same game, it does sound like an issue with the console. However, there are a couple things we can try before going to a repair.

Just to clarify, is it giving you this message when you first insert the disc or when you try to launch the game?

If you're able to insert the disc, try installing the game to your Hard Drive or a USB drive before launching it.

If that still gives you the same error, I would suggest removing the Hard Drive and trying to play the game with the hard drive removed.

Please let us know how those steps work for you and we'll go from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

sounds to me as if that the system they sent you was from a different region.  if a USA region disc is giving you that error then you do not have a USA region console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Fizzle,

I am getting this error when I try to load the game.

I tried to install the game to my hard drive, but no go there either. It won't let me install it to the console's hard drive; doesn't even give me the option to install.

I tried loading the game without the hard drive attached, no go there either. Same error code of Wrong Region.

Soooo, I'm still at 0 to try to get BF3 to load and play.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Cowboy,

That pretty well narrows it down to being an issue either with the disc itself or the console. Since you mentioned that you've already tried other discs then the most likely issue lies with the console.

If that's the case then it unfortunately does sound like your best option would be to set up a Repair

Sorry this didn't help.