Battlefield 3 worth it?

Hey I basically have to decide between Arkham City and Battlefield 3 so I was hoping maybe someone here that just picked up Battlefield 3 could tell me what they think, I didn't like the beta too much. I mean it was ok but I wasn't blown away by it, in all honesty it kind of let me down.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You know yourself better than anyone on these forums.  Watch some video reviews or something and make an informed decision.  Your just going to get all kinds of crap answers on forums like these.  

Well what's your opinion, pros/cons?

not too much differnt than the beta...looks a bit better, still some bugs...but the best FPS out at the moment..

They are both A+ Games IMHO.  For me, Batman is a rental since I beat it in two days.  I didn't try to get all the achievements though.  I've always loved the BF series.  I think BF3 MP is amazing.  I haven't messed with the SP though.  

Too bad both can't be an option. I think both are must haves. IMHO, Arkham City is GOTY material. BF3 is a very good shooter, but not I'm not exactly in awe of it. Just my opinion.

I guess what it really boils down to is which I want to spend the $60 on and play first, 11/11/11 is coming up too and I'm really excited for Skyrim so whatever I get might sit on the backlog for a little. :s

Decisions, decisions.

I really wanna know why somebody likes batman...

@Dusty Arne do you mean in general or the game?

Depends on what you like beter, MP or SP.  I'd never be able to choose, as they're both two very different games.

I have Arkham City sitting on a shelf because I purchased Arkham Asylum at the same time and am currently playing through that.  Between the two Batman games, BF3, and in two weeks, MW3, I'm going to be doing a lot more gaming and a lot less sleeping.

That's very true, I had almost forgotten I haven't played through Asylum yet :(