Battlefield 3 - WORK WITH YOUR SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!

There's a reason they put squads in B3; and there's a reason that all of the vehicles are more effective with 2+ people working together; and there's a reason that when there's more than 1 person trying to take out a tank, less people die. Battlefield 3 is a squad based game, Everything goes alot smoother when there's 1 ****, 1 Engineer, 1 Support, and 1 person that can be anything. When you're in a firefight, you always end up thinking "if only I had more ammo" or "if only there was a health pack right here". And when you see a tank you always think "if only I was an Engineer". The squad was made so this doesn't happen. BMP's are great if you don't drive away as soon as you get in. Those side-mounted MG's may seem useless but you'll love them once they start shooting that engineer that's tryin to put C4 on you. MW3 just came out so it should get a little bit better but damn people, WORK WITH THE TEAM!!!

I'm gonna go over all the classes and tell you what they're meant for so whoever reads this will have some common sense.

****: Your job is to heal the other players and whatch your squads back. When you guys get pinned down by a tank, throw down a health pack and keep that Engineer alive! Anybody who is **** and puts on the grenade launcher has down's syndrome. The whole point of the class is to be a medic(hence the cross that's always over your head). So many times I've been pinning down the entire other team with my good 'ol M60 and I die from those stray shots that clip me. Medics(I'm calling Assualt Medic now) were made to keep everybody else alive. And when your taking out that guy thats about to mow down your whole squad, don't put in on full- auto and waste a clip just to hit him twice; switch it to sinlge or burst for the long shots.

Engineer: My fellow esplotion addicts, we have been blessed with the most important job of all the other classes: blow up the vehicles. Yes you do about a quarter of the shooting and always come in 2nd place but your soul purpose is to kill the tanks. Enough said there.

Support: Your name is self explanitory. You throw down the ammo packs, blow up the walls with C4, and spend 200 round clips without taking your finger off the trigger. I've pretty much maxed out my Engineer class so now I'm full time support. wip out my M60 with my thermal, bipod, and extended mag and lots of people die. Our job is pretty simple.

Recon: personally I think that recon shouldn't have sniper rifles; There should be a whole new class called "lone wolf" for that. But technicly your job is to take out the support guy thats unloading a 200 round clip without taking his finger off the trigger(me). You also set up you spawn beacon in  a could spot inside and keep the squad from having to run across the whole map. There's another forum that gives alot more info on Reconforums.xbox.com/.../646787.aspx.

So read this forum, and use it. Don't be the *** doin his own thing that keeps all his health and ammo packs to himself. Grab some friends, work together and go for points more than kills and you'll win every time.

P.S. if you ever get your dog tags taken and see some guys running around with their knives killing your whole team, that's me and my buddies

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="xXBeatleadXx"]

ASSAULT: Your job is to heal the other players and whatch your squads back. When you guys get pinned down by a tank, throw down a health pack and keep that Engineer alive! Anybody who is Assault and puts on the grenade launcher has down's syndrome. The whole point of the class is to be a medic(hence the cross that's always over your head). [/quote]

If the entire point was to be a medic they would have called it..........Medic. They instead called it Assault, and despite your condescending opinion they didn't just make a typo when they wrote it. They give you the option to subclass into either a grenade launcher or medic pack.

The above strategy is great,and works well...so long as your not stuck with a bunch of randoms.I generally play CQ,and am constantly amazed at how little co-operation there is.No mics to communicate with,no support from teammates,and generally every man for himself.It's very frustrating.And everybody fancies themselves to be a pilot!Sweet jumping Jesus!You can't cap a flag in a hornet!But that's another matter altogether .

amen. and would I rather give up an attachment on my gun for a grenade launcher that does close to zero damage or will I use the healthpack that'll keep me and my squad alive? tough choice

Trying to convince people in mass to work together hasn't worked for any of the previous 10 or so BF games and it won't work now. Bringing your own team is the only remedy.

I am a random.  Speaking on behalf of randoms everywhere... we dont work well together. About the only time I see my squadmates is when they spawn on me.  Then POOF they are off to be cannon fodder.  Sure I may get the occasional squad heal, or if I am really lucky, a squad vehicle heal, but most of the time we are on four different corners of the map.  Me trying desperatly to take objectives, and them trying to improve their K/D ratios.

Post too long to keep my interest.  Team game. No arguement about working together from me.  Just as long as we agree.

yaya

As an ASSAULT class many times I have revived my squad, pushed an objective and forced back incoming enemies using the grenade launcher.... With smoke of course! (still underestimated, hell i've even bagged kills with it!)

I worded it wrong. I'm tryin to say that the Assault is meant to keep the squad alive. Personally I like having 2 in my squad. One with a medkit and one with a grenade launcher. When I'm medic I'm not playing with my friends that actually use the squad so I use a medkit and find whoevers getting shot at and thro 'em one. I really just don't like the assault class that much so most of what I say about it is theoretical.

After playin this game.....alot, I've discovered all the rolls and posibilities of the game so pretty much disregard this whole thing