BATTLEFIELD 3 WONT START

i have played atleast 200 hours on this game and now today it decides not to start. after the intro when it says "press start" i press start and the screen goes black and it just stays black but my xbox isn't frozen.??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Do you have it installed on your hard drive or are you playing from the disk? either way can cause this to happen but the solution is different. If you have installed to hard drive delete it then reinstall and clear system cache. If you are playing from disk check for any deep or long scratches on the pick up face. Light scratches are usually not a problem but if you have a scratch that is a perfect circle this will be from the laser lens caused by bumping or moving console while on and disk is in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im playing from the disk i dont have a hard drive i recently transfered all of the my battlefield 3 data to a 4g thumb drive and thats when the game stopped working.

Sorry this didn't help.

try a harddrive it doesent hurt to go to gamestop and get a used one cor a cheap price im sure that its because the save is on the 4gb thumb drive, hey if it doesent work keep your recipte and return it

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree because of the graphics content a thumb drive won't suffice for that game, preowned hard drives are cheap from gaming stores. I would definetly get one and that should fix the problem as long as it's not the disk at fault can you try it on someone else xbox to see if it will play?.

Sorry this didn't help.

I fixed the problem apparently you can't copy and paste your game content to a thumb drive or it wont work. I deleted then re-downloaded all my battlefield 3 content and now it works just fine. I will definitely look into getting a used hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.