Battlefield 3 throwing down the gauntlet on CoD Elite

Here's some of what the General Manager at DICE has to say about their plan for showing off Battlefield 3 at E3.  He could resist throwing in a dig at Elite's extra fees.  EA and DICE clearly smell a ripe opportunity with their improved Frostbite 2 engine going up against a very "been there, done that" -looking annual roll out of the next CoD game which plans to tack on extra fees for features that Battlefield 3 they (and other games) will be offering for free.

"Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!"

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I could really care less about my stats so Elite really doesn't bother me, I"m just not going to subscribe to it.

Sounds like all the stuff that elite is already providing for free anyways...

Wait, co-op campaign??

Oh boy, I'm going to love this!

[quote user="x2fast4u"]

I couldn't really care less about my stats so Elite really doesn't bother me, I"m just not going to subscribe to it.

[/quote]

Fixed.

Have fun paying for theater.

this is a 1st step... their just testing the waters to see how many people they can sucker into a play-to-play full version. do not forget.. the people with this plan are the same people behind World of Warcraft !!

i already pay for warcraft , rift and my yearly xbox live subscription , enuff is enuff. this pay to play crap is going to kill the industry if they keep it up. think about it... if every big game would go pay to play  , how many of them would you be able to afford to play a year ?

i will not be getting this scam service !

[quote user="Penndemic"]

Have fun paying for theater.

[/quote]

That's one of the things confirmed to be free...

[quote user="Warsteiner 1"]

this is a 1st step... their just testing the waters to see how many people they can sucker into a play-to-play full version. do not forget.. the people with this plan are the same people behind World of Warcraft !!

i already pay for warcraft , rift and my yearly xbox live subscription , enuff is enuff. this pay to play crap is going to kill the industry if they keep it up. think about it... if every big game would go pay to play  , how many of them would you be able to afford to play a year ?

i will not be getting this scam service !

[/quote]

bit.ly/codmpisfree

That link isn't going to change. Basically everyone in a position of power at activision/treyarch/IW (with the one exception of kotick, who, contrary to popular belief, does not have absolute power over activision) has said that they will NEVER charge for multiplayer.

If you choose not to use a free service, "more" power to you I guess.

Co-OP campaign= Me Gusta

I wonder how long the EA servers will be complete crap after release... hopefully not too long.