Battlefield 3 problems

Hi guys,

Long time xbox user...first time poster.

here is my issue.

I recently moved to Canada from Ireland, I had an Irish account for 6 years prior but could not migrate account...no problem so far.

I set up my new account and put CANADIAN before my old gamer tag so that old friends would know who it was...smart I thought!!!

The only real game I play at the moment is BF3 and as a result of my name I eep getting kicked out of games that are european based servers, I reakise this is not an xbox issue as such but as a result I have decided to cancel my xbox auto renewal as I cannot afford the 800 ms points to change, i have already spoken to customer support and they directed me here in the hope that someone somewhere may be able to help a long time xbox user regain some sort of hope that there is indeed a future out there....someone please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Greetings, DANNY ANDERSON1. It sounds like your question would be best answered here: forums.xbox.com/.../1829.aspx . Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

has any body had the problem with the 10/10 back to karkand assignments on battlefield 3 i have unlocked all 10 and when i go on the game there not there for me to use ????

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey goo yes I have this alot in Ireland Aswell as in many US servers I would get kicked so to solve your problem goto the search tab and type dice official or something along those lines and most of these are under control of admins at dice so you won't get kicked yet some just say that so make sure it's an official Dice server by seeing if there is an admin that should sort your problem!

Hope it helped man!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry but MS Customer Service would not have told you to come onto the forums to ask about a free gamertag change, and noone on these forums has the power to do a forced gamertag change. I would now suggest speaking to the game developers and see if there is anything they can do so you can play on their servers. Also you could rent a server on bf3, so you can game with who you like but you will experience lag issues. But I think my advice has been right, as it agrees with what the other people have said on your thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

So why do you keep posting the same stuff, you have added nothing to the problem....please read the posts I have put up....to recap, MS customer service told me to come on here in order to get my tag changed, they told me that someone on here has the power to solve my problem, you on the other hand have got nothing to say but the same old ding dong, please stop commenting on my posts, thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

so i take it none of the other people who have posted here have been any help, as most of them have posted what I already told you that microsoft dont give free gamertag changes. You will have to pay if you want a new gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.

And like last night you were absoulutley bno help. I am not begging I was directed by XBOX customer service to come on here in order to find a solution to my issue of been kicked out of games as a result of my gamer tag,...if you have nothing constructive to add to my prediciment i would appreciate you add nothing at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Canadian,

I think we spoke about your problem last night or earlier this morning, and as I said you will not get a free gamertag change or the points to change it. As everyone has said you will have to get the points yourself, or join xbox rewards to gain points but this option is not or will be a quick answer. So please dont beg for a free gamertag change as you wont get one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys,

I appreciate all your answers, they all offer a solution, however, i am resigned to closing my account, it's not worth tha hassle at this stage, xbox was meant to be about inclusivity, now it appears that is not so, I get discriminated because of my region, how so? I play with people from all over the world, i have a brother in New Zealand, one in germany and friends in oz/uk/hollnad etc etc, I get booted because my name flags where i'm from....easy pickings for the server admins. thanks again to you all. Happy gaming.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

If you're looking for some sort of gamertag change that's unfortunately not going to happen. No one is able to give you a force gamertag change except for the XBOX Live Enforcement Team and they only do that for accounts that have an offensive gamertag (which yours is not).  brandiesel1's option isn't recommended simply because you'll run into issues purchasing and downloading certain content from XBOX Live. It's recommended that you play in the same region as where your XBOX Live account is located.

I'm sorry that you do not have the points to change the name of your gamertag but unfortunately no one can give you points or offer you a free gamertag change. If this is ultimately the reason you decide to turn off automatic renewal then I sincerely apologize. 

Sorry this didn't help.