Battlefield 3 Premium Edition

Hello,

I've been wanting to pick up Battlefield 3 for a while now but never actually got round to it but I've noticed that they're planning on releasing a Premium Edition which includes all the DLC and costs the normal price of a retail game. I was wondering if the DLC is worth it as I'm able to pick up a pre-owned copy of the normal Battlefield 3 for a fiver (Then I'd buy a Online Pass for £7) which equals £12 for BF3 so if the content in the Premium doesn't justify spending another £30 (give or take a few quid) then i'll be going for the second-hand copy.

Also, is the BF3 community still alive and kicking?

Thank you.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I bought the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for $20 over holiday, It was a great deal since you don't have to buy the season pass nor a online pass since it's new, Yes there's many active players still playing, Personally I couldn't get back into Battlefield been playing too much other games, But all the DLC that's currently released is super fun.

If I can find it on a UK site relatively cheap I'll get it. Does the DLC justify spending an extra £30 or not?

[quote user="Droxcy"]

I bought the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for $20 over holiday, It was a great deal since you don't have to buy the season pass nor a online pass since it's new, Yes there's many active players still playing, Personally I couldn't get back into Battlefield been playing too much other games, But all the DLC that's currently released is super fun.

[/quote]

Wow only $20.00??!!   All that content including the game is worth well over $100.00! 

Yes OP if you are going to pick up BF3 make sure to get the premium edition.   Its a killer deal.  Will save you a LOT of money.

I say go for it at that price. You'll get plenty of bang for your buck.

I wish I only paid $20 for my copy of BF3...

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

[quote user="Droxcy"]

[/quote]

Wow only $20.00??!!   All that content including the game is worth well over $100.00! 

Yes OP if you are going to pick up BF3 make sure to get the premium edition.   Its a killer deal.  Will save you a LOT of money.

[/quote]

Yeah I couldn't leave it once I saw it for that price. And exactly the over all worth of the content plus the game is over $100 if you can pick it up under $30 Go for it.

Seems to be £40 everywhere I look now! Is the DLC really worth spending the extra £30?

[quote user="EvilMonkeyTala"]

Seems to be £40 everywhere I look now! Is the DLC really worth spending the extra £30?

[/quote]

At this point in time no but if you like Battlefield go for it. Spending money on Battlefield 3 right now is pointless, Don't get me wrong the DLC for BF3 is fun only for sometime tho and there's only one more to be released.

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

I wish I only paid $20 for my copy of BF3...

[/quote]

Mine was a christmas present last year the LCE version so it had the Back To Karkand pack included. So far I have only purchased the Armored Kill and Aftermath dlc. I have played over 1,000 games and have been loving it!!  I usually only play when friends are on and I only mainly play Conquest and Conquest Assult. The new game mode called Scavenger is quite fun too once in a while.  Spent a lot of time on Wake Island. Love that map.

I got premium for $40, I would go with the premium addition so you can get the extra weapons and play the maps, the armored kill maps are pretty cool even on console it works out ok, I haven't played the other ones though.