BattleField 3 Most Likely To Use Online Pass!

EA, when asked if BattleField 3 will use an online pass, responded 'I think we are' and 'It probably will'

Lol, this is the game that's going to bring down CoD? The game you can't buy second hand? The game you can't buy on steam? Knowing EA, it will come with an online pass! Thoughts! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Didn't really think it wouldn't have been. lol it was kinda a given, it's from EA. Either way, it doesn't bother me one bit, I'll be buying new and at Retail on launch day.

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]Lol, this is the game that's going to bring down CoD? [/quote]I still don't think that statement will work well for them. And the Online Pass idea is proving that further.

High-five, EA.

Lol, its obviously going to have an online pass. And Battlefield is far better than any call of duty game.

An online pass? Meaning you spend your hard earned money to be able to get on Xbox Live, and then if you want to play the online multiplayer of a specific game, you have to buy an extra game-specific subscription? And I thought Microsoft was the greedy one!

No. an online pass is free to anyone who buys the game  new. If a game needed you to pay an aditional fee to play that one specific game online i wouldnt buy it. THough i know many of you would

So basically a game with an online pass is pretty much worthless when sold as 'used'? Sounds like a winning formula there.

Thats the purpose of an online pass. To make buying the game used less appealing. WHen you buy a game used that uses an online pass you have to buy the online pass for 10 dollars. So if you alreayd plan to buy the game new then its no big deal but if you think youll grab it for 40 bucks down the road, you will have to pay 50 all together if you want to play it online.

To me, that is actually a smart move . What I hate is DLC on the disc and cutting parts out of the game to sell later.

A game like battelfield 3 i will buy on PC and you cant really buy used games for PC from stores so ill be buying new. Though like most games if you wait long  enough you can find them really cheap new.

Look at bad company 2, you can get the ultimate edition for 20 bucks new.

Why wouldn't you buy this new?

Free BtK expansion pack....

Back in the day, this free expansion pack would just be part of the game. Today they cut it out and make it an incentive to buy the game new.

#1 Who cares when it's free? #2 do a little research on the topic first.

people moan about anything these days it seems...