Battlefield 3? more like Bad Company 3...

Well, speaking on behalf of old school pc gamers, most of you guys sound like trained chimps, all distracted by the pretty colors. You youngsters still think that graphics are what make a game, and yet, you can't figure out why you're bored with a game after only 6 months.

I played the alpha & beta versions of BF3, and I can tell you with confidence that this game is NOT the successor of Battlefield 2, but more the successor of Bad Company 2. There is not a single similarity in this game to Battlefield 2, but plenty of similarities to Bad Company 2. And since dedicated console gamers never got to actually play Battlefield 2, you might not know what i am talking about. Those who fell in love with BF 1942 and then with BF2 are going to be sorely disappointed, unless you actually liked Bad Company 2.

Most guys that I played BF2 with that moved on to Bad Company 2 said they merely tolerated the lack of fun factor in BC2. Plus, after 5 years of BF2, they just needed something new. The graphics are obviously better in BC2, but again, graphics alone aren't enough to make a great game.

Again, I'm not expecting everyone on this forum to understand what I'm talking about, especially the console gamers who never played PC Battlefield 2, but don't just take my word for it. Please feel free to spend your hard earned money and find out for yourselves. If you liked Bad Company 2, then you might like this game. If you like BF2 and were disappointed with BC2, then you are definitely gonna be disappointed with this new game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Times are a changing buddy... Get over it!

Although I disagree with you on this game feeling like Bad Company 2...even if it did...i still would be very happy.

Trained chimps? Not really endearing yourself to the console crowd...

Set your standards to high and you set yourself up for disapointment, I understand what you mean about BF2 being a fan myself, however 1943 was nothing like 1942 but a hell of a lot of gamers loved playing it, because they enjoyed it fwas and not what they wanted it to be.

This "I played Battlefield 2 so I know what a good game is" nonsense has to stop...It's mostly nostalgia speaking. BF2 was your favorite game years ago, and now it would take a perfect game to replace it. Anything else will be a bad clone of another game you didn't like, or it will be dumbed down for the casual crowd. Just stop...

What Skorpionz said... don't let nostalgia get the best of you.  No COD ever measured up to COD3 for me, and COD4 was a genre changing game.  I dont let it get to me... I adapt... of course I am just a console player and like a good little monkey I'll play whatever they put in front of me.

[quote user="LUCKY SHOTTS"]

Well, speaking on behalf of old school pc gamers, most of you guys sound like trained chimps, all distracted by the pretty colors. You youngsters still think that graphics are what make a game, and yet, you can't figure out why you're bored with a game after only 6 months.

I played the alpha & beta versions of BF3, and I can tell you with confidence that this game is NOT the successor of Battlefield 2, but more the successor of Bad Company 2. There is not a single similarity in this game to Battlefield 2, but plenty of similarities to Bad Company 2. And since dedicated console gamers never got to actually play Battlefield 2, you might not know what i am talking about. Those who fell in love with BF 1942 and then with BF2 are going to be sorely disappointed, unless you actually liked Bad Company 2.

Most guys that I played BF2 with that moved on to Bad Company 2 said they merely tolerated the lack of fun factor in BC2. Plus, after 5 years of BF2, they just needed something new. The graphics are obviously better in BC2, but again, graphics alone aren't enough to make a great game.

Again, I'm not expecting everyone on this forum to understand what I'm talking about, especially the console gamers who never played PC Battlefield 2, but don't just take my word for it. Please feel free to spend your hard earned money and find out for yourselves. If you liked Bad Company 2, then you might like this game. If you like BF2 and were disappointed with BC2, then you are definitely gonna be disappointed with this new game.

[/quote]

I was a huge BF2 fan,played way too much!

And watching this video,well,im pretty sure i wont get dissapointed...

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/tags/Back+to+Karkand/default.aspx

Ive played BC2 since it was released,love that game too!Never getting tired of it!

hmmm....I don't give a rip if you like BF3 or not.......now, having said that, I humbly suggest you grab your HotPockets, Code Red Mt Dew, and your high water polyester pants.....go back to your beloved PC forums where ever that may be and whine about us "trained chimps" aka casual gamers to the rest of your nerd-herd pals

I played the Alpha, Beta and over 500 hours of BF2 and I can't tell you are a complete moron. Take off your Rose Colored glasses. BF3 feels alot more like BF2 then BC 2.

Blah blah blah... the old games are better than the new ones... Blah blah blah... you're all idiots... Blah blah blah... Back in my day...

Why are there so many of these posts?  If you want to live in the past, fine, just leave everyone else alone.