Battlefield 3 LE - Pre-order BIG Discount Good or Bad?

So I received a discount on Battlefield 3 (All platforms) from a major online retailer.  They offer $12.00 off the game with free 3 day shipping.  What I usually know is they offer $10.00 of new games.  I ordered Medal of Honor LE with $10.00 off from them also.  Is DICE really that desperate to overcome COD or the game is not that good and they know it?

I understand the release of BETA which is cool but they released it too close to final release date of the game.  A lot of people will think that it will look/work like the beta in final version as they will not have time to fix it.  I know DICE employees say that the build was early release but still.  People go by what they see than for what they are told (at least most of them).

So once again, is DICE really that desperate to overcome COD by any means necessary or the game is not that good and they know it?

At the end I think I still win if I get it because I won't have to pay a full price for it :) 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

So whos got it for 12 bucks off?

It's not DICE who controls the price but EA and the retailers. EA sell it to a retailer and set the MSRP at 59.99. It's then the retailers who then decide to stick with it or discount it. Most just stay at the 59.99 MSRP because that's what EA says to sell it at and what everyone else is. Sometimes, retailers would offer bonuses, discounts, etc on a new game to sell more and/or bring more customers in. They may not be making a large profit like the others but they are attracting more potential consumers.

Kmart almost always offers 20 dollar gaming coupons with big game releases.  With Gears they gave a 20 dollar coupon and a year of Live for 30 bucks.  So basically I just keep using the coupons and get new game for 40 bucks or less.

You all worry too much or your are BF veterans worrying about this or that. I have been playing the Beta and it is taking me some time to change my play style from CoD, but I love it. I hadn't pre-ordered this game and haven't ever before today. The game play was solid and I am trusting from what I have heard that the Beta is about a month behind the final cut with major bugs seen in beta already fixed.

Newegg has it for $47.99 NO tax and free shipping (with coupon code) of course :)

In all honesty it doesn't matter how desperate they are they could sell the game for 30 dollars less then MW3 and MW3 would still demolish BF3 in terms of sales. for sake of not getting mobbed by the BF vets I do believe that BF3 will be the better game

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

In all honesty it doesn't matter how desperate they are they could sell the game for 30 dollars less then MW3 and MW3 would still demolish BF3 in terms of sales. for sake of not getting mobbed by the BF vets I do believe that BF3 will be the better game

[/quote]

LOL you will still get mobbed, despite your disclaimer. Nice try though, and you might be right. Sheep take a long time to turn around when they are in a herd.  This from a CoD vet.