Battlefield 3 is broken beyond play-ability.

I do not understand the concept behind the latest patch/update. I love[d] Battlefield 3, it used to be one of the only games I played often. But now, ever since they released the newest update (I want to say it was roughly about a month ago), the game has gone to absolute sh*t. And if you are one of the people who are going to reply with "Don't play the game, no one is forcing you to" or "You just suck scrub, you're just a noob," well don't waste your time, because I will not respond. Anyway, I believe it is a generally concieved notion that this new suppression system is a joke. No; calling it a joke is a crude understatement - it is BROKEN. I use the AK-47, and that is really about it. Before the update, it had (in my opinion) a great balance of accuracy and recoil at a lack for rate of fire - I usually shot in bursts and not trying to blow my own horn here, but I was pretty good with it. After the update, yeah, well go play the game for fifteen minutes and you will understand how pathetic this new suppression system is. If someone is shooting at you - good luck. You can literally have your crosshairs on the guy, and no bullets will register. I also do not understand why DICE felt it necessary to DECREASE the time that flares come back online. Yeah, as if the aircraft are not already over-powered. Oh, and the new server system? Sorry "Sir McGodLike XX," (and NO, this is NOT a real gamertag. I know that is against the T&C, I just made a name up) I didn't mean to fill up the slot that's reserved for your "homies," but then again my options on the servers are about four or five matches in which three of the five have tickets at 500% and I do not feel like playing a match that will last three hours. Oh, and must I add - when I search for Rush, I would like to play Rush. Not conquest, not conquest ****, I would like to play rush. Hence the reason I searched for it. And back to Sir McGodlike XX who put in his server description "No shotguns, no Frag rounds, No Spawn Killing (you get the idea) and if you do, you will be booted/banned, I often find myself the victim of being spawn killed by a shotgun by Sir McGodlike and all of his homies. Kind of funny how that works, no? Rumor is, DICE is fixing allllllll of the problems in their next patch. I could have sworn that is EXACTLY what they said before releasing the one that killed Battlefield.

Here's an idea, DICE. You should have released the game when it was finished. DICE claims to play-test everything DLC/patch related before they release it. Well, let me ask you this: When DICE released the update awhile back increasing the damage of Frag Rounds, do you really think they play tested that and thought "Oh wow, this is a lot of fun guys. Aren't we all having so much fun? We need to include this in our next patch, for sure!" When they "play-tested" this new suppression system, how did they POSSIBLY think it was a good idea, fun, or even fair? Oh, it's because they don't play-test, and it is because they do not care. This game is broken, and DICE knows it. They will continue to through gimmicky DLC's with new (broken) maps and (broken) weapons, and then will follow suit with even more (broken) patches that cause even more problems. Only for another (broken) patch to come along to "fix it," which will lead to more problems. You see the pattern here? Deny it all you want, but the Battlefield 3 that I used to play and love - that many, many people used to play and love - is gone. And if you think I am just one person sitting here whining and complaining, then I recommend you taking fifteen seconds to do a quick google search on "Newest Battlefield 3 Update Ruined Game" and see that I am, in fact, not the only one who is pissed off.

My main point behind all of this, is that ever since DICE began to "roll out" these new updates/patches, the gameplay has severely suffered. Granted, I do get into matches that I enjoy and have fun playing, but this is not a common occurance. For an example, a few days ago I played Battlefield for a couple of hours with a few friends, and we were all doing great and having a good time. Not to blow my own horn, again, but we were doing very, very well. We had made into a good server, but like I said - that is not a common occurance. Now, just yesterday we tried to play again - and it just would not work. After about an hour of trial and error of attempting to get into the same game, we finally did. Needless to say, the host[s] and their homies were all breaking the rules they were enforcing, and it was a lot of fun being spawn killed repeatedly. Well, we all backed out only to realize that there were a massive FOUR (yeah, you had that right - four. Crazy, right?) other servers. As I mentioned earlier, I do not want to play a game that has tickets in the thousands. I do not have the time nor the desire to play one match for hours on end (I did it once, I don't know why, it was stupid). Went to play today, well out of the massive nine servers that were available, zero of them fell into the category of what I wanted (Rush, the normal amount of tickets - I can handle 200-300 tickets - and all of the maps). They were all mixes of Rush/Conquest, and that really makes me mad. Like I said, I want to play rush - hence the reason I search for rush, not conquest. Especially when I just quick search Rush, and they put me in a game that is about over - then next round is Conquest. At least we can quit out of the lobby now (I will thank you for that DICE, must have taken a rocket scientist to put a "quit" option in the post-game menu).

In closing, this game has gone down the tubes - and is going further down them day by day. I was really excited when DICE announced the three DLC map packs, but now I am just disappointed that a game with this much potential (just freakin' look at the Frostbite 2 engine... it's simply amazing) has been ruined through shoddy updates and half-way patches. It also grinds my gears that DICE is compelled to constantly release new updates to fix problems that were created by previous updates! It is ridiculous, and it goes to show that this game was released before it was properly tested and finished. I really enjoy playing Battlefield, well at least before all of this, without a doubt it is a spectacular game and there was a tremendous amount of effort that was put-forth into it. But unfortunately, it was rushed and DICE's attempts to fix the "little issues" caused the big issues that have torn this game apart. I'll still be playing, don't get me wrong, but I know that I am not the only one that is mean-mugging DICE right now. Whether or not future patches will make a difference, I do not know, but based off of previous patches, it has done nothing but make this game unbalanced and un-playable. DICE, we do not hate you, we are just pissed off. Fix your game, yeah?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, sorry about the wall of text. Apparently the forums do not format paragraphs. Huh.

China called. They want their wall back.

I tried to read it, honest I did.  Couldn't make it past the complaining about rented servers.  

After scanning it I saw that he was complaining about only finding a handful of servers he wanted to play on, which completely voids his entire WALL-O-TEXT.  

Dice has brought official servers back so there is no reason why you couldn't be playing on one, other than your method is screwed up.  

How do I avoid the wall of text? I have some other forums I visit regularly and that never happens. I'm honestly at a loss for words haha.

And yeah, I was reading that DICE was going to break official servers back - but I haven't seen any yet. Do you know when they should be back up?

I agree with alot of the points raised,However they are not game breaking for me and don't stop me playing(Minecraft does however) and found the big long wall-o-text quite an amusing read,Also more intelligent than a lot of the *** threads/comments we see regularly.A well thought out rant.

[quote user="Rome By Fire"]

How do I avoid the wall of text? I have some other forums I visit regularly and that never happens. I'm honestly at a loss for words haha.

And yeah, I was reading that DICE was going to break official servers back - but I haven't seen any yet. Do you know when they should be back up?

[/quote]

After you click on "reply", choose "Use rich formatting".  There you can  add hyperlinks, images, videos, etc. 

the servers are available since yesterday. 

I never liked this game, really. All the tiny maps, the regenerating vehicle health, the ridiculous attachments and equipment, the supression, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah...

I think EA pushed them out the door with this one. I think if development would have gone on for another 6 months they would have ousted some features.

Pink Floyd called too. (snicker, giggle)

That was an intelligent post Rome...I'm at a loss for words...the game seems almost the same to  me pre/post patch. Perhaps try some new weapons....I dunno...I wish you luck tho.

[quote user="Rome By Fire"]

How do I avoid the wall of text?

[/quote]dont write so much, holy crap, paragraphs arent the issue-nobody around here has patience for that much text on a forum man