Battlefield 3 HD texture pack question

So I have had Battlefield 3 for a few days now, I installed the texture pack and all that nonsense but it seemed like the texture was still lacking. I called my buddy up at gamestop and he told me that the reason my graphics were not absolutely incredible is because I still have a first generation 360. Is this the case or am I just imagining things? I have been comparing single player graphics and multi player graphics side by side between videos on the internet and my own xbox. I have a 1080p HDTV, and I have all of my xbox settings up to optimal capacity.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You were probably comparing your Xbox version of BF3 with the  PC version.

That's a negative, I made sure it was on the 360.

Might sound like a dumb question, but are you using an HDMI cable and set your Xbox to 1080p? Real easy to miss sometimes.

Yes I am, I made sure to check all of that aswell.

The only other thing I can think of is your T.V settings, like having your brightness to high. Other than that you should be fine.

You are not alone. I think what you might be experiencing is this.

battlelog.battlefield.com/.../1

I did this and and now the game is like a brand new experience. Alot less pop in textures and the like. Much faster loading up images and graphics. Read it and decide for yourself. I posted on the 13 or 12th page. More than enough info to read and make your own informed decision. See you on the battlefield.

One more thing to note. The Xbox only displays this game on 720p. Having it set to 1080p on this game makes the sky in maps like Caspian border look really bad. Something to do with it being made in 720p and trying to display at 1080p. I can't even think of a game on Xbox that plays 1080p.

There probably is but, try setting you Xbox settings to 720p. It might help. Also the Install procedure of the HD Textures pack, and whether or not the game is installed to your Hard Drive has something to do with it. Check out that thread and hopefully you get a better visual experience. Take it easy man.

Yes this is the best looking FPS I have played by far. Hope you get the best out of your copy.

The console scales the image on screen (Resolution) up to 1080p, the detail on the image doesn't change, just the size of each pixel is increased. Running the game at 720p will most likely make the game look worse. Maybe worth trying but I'm quite sure it wont resolve the issue.

#OP when you where asked to install the texture pack, did it fail half way though. If it did then the install may of become corrupted and your console is'nt streaming the HD textures. You can check this by viewing the installed file on your HDD, if this is the case delete and reinstall.

As far as the version of your console is concerned, the different between the new & old gen is the Case, Fans, HDD, Power Supply and possibly the Disk Drive. The GPU & CPU are still the same, and your friend is mistaken, it makes no difference regarding graphic output.

Installing the game to the harddrive only affects single player load times, it does not doing anything to multiplayer.