Battlefield 3 Beta Question...

At EA's E3 Press Conference, after they showed Battlefield 3, they said the "Open" beta would be available in September.  Does this mean the Beta for the Medal of Honor Limited Edition buyers would have it earlier?  Or is the open beta in September for the Medal of Honor buyers?

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unclear now. It may be that since the low sales of medal of honor that beta may not happen and it may just be an open beta. Or they may get it a week early. But as of right now it is unclear.

My guess is that Moh buyers may get in earlier.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

From what I understand, its open to everyone.  I dont think MOH owners (of which im one) get anything different now.  EA have really big hopes for this, and restricting it to MOH owners only, I dont think is in their best interests.  Although the specifics have yet to be clarified, I would have thought they would want as many people as possible to experience it.

I personally, didnt buy MOH for the beta, so have no problem with everyone having access. Also, many, many people traded MOH, but are still loyal BFBC2 players. Why would they alienate those?  There was hardly anyone online when I last tried MOH, so its not like thousands will be upset if they just scrap that original plan. These are only my thoughts though, not confirmed facts.

I don't mind it being an open beta, I just want MoH players to get in early, because I don't want to wait until September.

Cant see it, but may be wrong. How many would there be anyway? lol

I'll buy medal of honor if its an early beta but either way IDC.

Its not really a beta though is it? Beta, to me anyway, implies that the devs want to see what the players think, and take note of criticism's etc, so they can improve the game before it goes off to production.  

As the actual game is not far off 6 weeks after, it will have been signed off for production, probably before the beta is even accessible.  Therefore, it will be more like a demo.  With that in mind, it may just be a demo, available to all, on the Marketplace.

[quote user="Flying Cattle"]

I don't mind it being an open beta, I just want MoH players to get in early, because I don't want to wait until September.

[/quote]Here is what I think will happen. The beta will be in September and those who have MOH LED will get in day 1. Then the rest will get in through BF3 pre-order or sign up and will have access a few days later/following week.

[quote user="Spuudle"]

Its not really a beta though is it? Beta, to me anyway, implies that the devs want to see what the players think, and take note of criticism's etc, so they can improve the game before it goes off to production.  

As the actual game is not far off 6 weeks after, it will have been signed off for production, probably before the beta is even accessible.  Therefore, it will be more like a demo.  With that in mind, it may just be a demo, available to all, on the Marketplace.

[/quote]There is a possibility it can be a demo. For BFC2 they had a beta and demo.

When was the original estimated date for release LOL/SKILL? Is the actual release date consistent with that, or has it been brought forward?