Battlefield 2142 - Will Dice ever remake?

Taking my mind away from BF3 for now, do any of you think 2142 ever has a chance of making a return now that Dice is making a sequel for BF2? Battlefield 2142 was highly underrated in the series but was definately the funnest out of them. 

Titan mode has got the to be the best Multiplayer game mode of ALL multiplayer game modes.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I missed that game and would enjoy a futuristic Battlefield, but that's pretty much what Section 8 Prejudice is. High tech futuristic weapons, large maps, conquest-esque gametypes, teamwork, vehicles. Its 15 bucks and well worth evey penny.

Section  8 is nothing in comparison though.(Although it is good) 2142 is old, the servers are dying  and will probably drop even further when BF3 releases. But Section 8 will never or (any other game in fact) have that same kind of feeling when you pod onto an enemy titan, blowing up terminals, destroying the reactor core and running for your life to parachute off the titan before being blown up with it.

Never played it, but from what i've seen of the gameplay, a remake with the FB2.0 would be an absolute blast. they redid Nam for BFBC2, someone tweet Demize99 and plant the idea for BF3.

haha the game isn't even out yet and i got my fingers crossed for some WW2 dlc, i miss the WW2 fps genre. But yeah 2142 was the first battlefield game i played for real and was friggin awsome. Only thing that beats it is bad company 2

Yes they will, at some point or another

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I missed that game and would enjoy a futuristic Battlefield, but that's pretty much what Section 8 Prejudice is. High tech futuristic weapons, large maps, conquest-esque gametypes, teamwork, vehicles. Its 15 bucks and well worth evey penny.

[/quote]I lol'd.

But, I wish  for a 2142 sequel or do a arcade verison. it would be awesome if they had titan in bf3.

Have you played it? No. So shut your mouth.

Oh, wait. I have. At a friend place and the demo!

Ah, the old 'friends place'. That's not enough time to grasp the game. And if you judged every game off of a demo, you would have a lot less games. Demos don't really even give you any grasp of the game.

It would be nice if they did a remake of every game in the Battlefield series for the PC, it should be exactly like the PC version and also focus on multiplayer because imo Battlefield doesn't need a single player